Harbor Freight Pinpointer

Welcome to the forum from Virginia! I recently purchased the HF pinpointer and it does help alot, it works good for the price. I'm sure the high priced models are tougher and probably more sensitive, but I have plenty of money in the hobby right now. HH

I used the HF for a few weeks, it started messing up quite frequently, so I ordered the ProPointer. I was becoming frustrated and was not enjoying my form of relaxation. Once I got my ProPointer and used it, I couldnt believe the difference it made in my recovering abilities. The HF showed me the need for a pinpointer, the Garrett showed me to never skimp again. I will never have any problems investing in another ProPointer if this one ever goes out. It is that big of a difference.

I used the HF for a few weeks, it started messing up quite frequently, so I ordered the ProPointer. I was becoming frustrated and was not enjoying my form of relaxation. Once I got my ProPointer and used it, I couldnt believe the difference it made in my recovering abilities. The HF showed me the need for a pinpointer, the Garrett showed me to never skimp again. I will never have any problems investing in another ProPointer if this one ever goes out. It is that big of a difference.

Yes it is. I used one of my Automax V4s ONCE, and that was a waste of time. I then tried my White's BE II which was a little better, but lacked a holster. The Garrett PP solved several problems all at one time. I'd be looking for a Christmas special on them from one or more of our sponsors.....

Dusty

I also started with the HF pinpointer. Probably the best deal for the price... but I got a Garrett when I started digging more flaps.

Bought one for a back up while my Garrett was getting a new switch, ...... almost better than nothing! Second hunt, the switch started messing up, very un-reliable. Now have another Garrett for a back up, Grandson plays with the Harbor Freight one.:lol:

When I started detecting they didn't have pinpointers. After joining the forum and reading about them I finally broke down and bought a Harbor Freight one. I used it for over six months without any problems. When it got cold and I couldn't hunt I got bored and replaced the switch even though it hadn't given me any problems. Later I added a vibrating motor from a toothbrush since it's easier for me than hearing a speaker. I bought a second and completely destroyed it tinkering with it. My original one still works but I broke down and bought a Propointer and have used it for about three years now with any problem. It's a pinpointer, not a digger. I can still hunt without one but I guess they spoiled me. It does make it easier.

I had my HF opened up, same day I got it. I had already read about the switch being weak, not a fan of keep the button pressed anyway. Also don't like making a lot of noice publicly, so installed a vibrating motor. The beeper wires powered it just fine. Kept reading all the hype, and miracle depth stories about the Garrett, skeptical, but had to see for myself, grabbed on on impulse, while ordering some coils and stuff. Failed after 7 months, no big deal, Garrett cusomer service is legendary. About 6 months later, the replacement failed, starts falsing before I get it any where near the ground. I'm pretty good with electronics, gadgets, but haven't cracked it open, or sent it in for a second roll of the dice. I just went back to the HF, lesson learned, sort of an expensive one. Maybe the Propointer is a must-have for some, but here in Florida, the soil is like beach sand, unless imported. Really only need an inch or so range, not much advantage for a fancy gadget here. The soil is very loose, don't even use the pinpointer for every target.

Welcome from Buffalo Ny , have a pro pointer , satisfied but really like the new waterproof . Think about that as you move up , if you plan on hunting creeks and lakes . I taped my speaker hole and no problemsin shallow water , but not guaranteed go rthat use .
HH

Back
Top Bottom