Draped Bust, tokens, silver and more

MDChris

Forum Supporter
Was on my way to a local school to do some detecting, when I saw someone cutting the grass at an older house that has been for sale for some time now. I stopped, talked to him for a few minutes and asked permission. First time someone actually said yes and I'm sure glad he did.
Found a wide range of goodies:
Undated Draped Bust LC
1964 Rosie (#23 silver coin on the year)
Good for 5 cent cigar token
This token awarded for skill-railroad token
3 wheaties
Great Seal Military button
Richard Hudnut Le Debut Compact Lid
Some sort of button or pin that says 413 Willis St- Mary Robison
And the decorative silver thing I almost threw in my trash pouch as it looked and felt like a piece of aluminum ( any idea what it might be?) its very thin, very light and has a small hole on each end
4Lgbpzel.jpg

UdVTXXSl.jpg

9OyTYR7l.jpg

woudUo8l.jpg

R3F5y1Ml.jpg

5skxvEGl.jpg

J9vcfkEl.jpg

Thanks for looking!

The item with the name and address is a 40's to 50's era Good Luck token ... you often got them at fairs, ect. The would be stamped on site with the info and handed over to the kids. I agree the silver item is a broach, likely from Victorian era through the early 40's. Heck of a day with coins, tokens and relics!!

The item with the name and address is a 40's to 50's era Good Luck token ... you often got them at fairs, ect. The would be stamped on site with the info and handed over to the kids. I agree the silver item is a broach, likely from Victorian era through the early 40's. Heck of a day with coins, tokens and relics!!

Thanks for the info jbkelly! Willis St is actually not far from where I was digging. Would be fun to try and track down the person to give them back the token and to see if they remember it and remember losing it.

Awesome finds!! Tokens, silver and relics, doesn't get much better! I found one of those good luck tokens early in the year and have kept it in my wallet every time I go out and I'm having some amazing luck this year! Congrats & HH

Hey man the Mary Robison thing is a Good Luck Token. I found one just like this on one of our local beaches...different name though haha. Great finds Chris!

Also, the good luck tokens were available as "self serve" in vending machines as late as the 60's in Massachusetts. I remember as kids we would make our own at the local department store called Kreskie's. Wow, that brings me back . . .

Your hunt produced a really fine array of cultural items. It's what makes what we do so interesting and important. Great post!

Great hunt!! take a brillo pad to that LC and im sure you will pull a date!
I cleaned it up some...179? pretty sure its 8 but not positive
09dsghPl.jpg

Hey man the Mary Robison thing is a Good Luck Token. I found one just like this on one of our local beaches...different name though haha. Great finds Chris!
Thanks Tim! When we going to get out again? Tried to text you the other day, must be using the wrong # again. I'm going to have to get a beach detector soon, hasn't rained in a few weeks, like a dust bowl out there haha

Also, the good luck tokens were available as "self serve" in vending machines as late as the 60's in Massachusetts. I remember as kids we would make our own at the local department store called Kreskie's. Wow, that brings me back . . .

Your hunt produced a really fine array of cultural items. It's what makes what we do so interesting and important. Great post!
Thanks for the info and story Danny. Finding coins is always fun, but when you can tie your finds in with local history its what I love so much about our hobby!

Back
Top Bottom