Did NOT expect this

aviationgale

Elite Member
I am vacationing in Central NY. And I have a lot of areas to try and hit. Today I went to a very small town that I lived in and MD'd the old school there. Very first hit was a boy scout slide, my very first. Got a few more hits but nothing really old. I did end up with a 1938 wheat, odd the school was built that year. Next I went up to Fair Haven beach. Didn't hit it out of the park, but what I found lying on top on the sand blew my mind......1943 S war nickle. Totally confused at the find but pleased, I continued on. Got a hit around 81, dime. So i start digging, where in the blue blazes is this thing, finally I find it. Are you serious a 1937 mercury!! Never did I expect to find those anywhere near a beach. Tomorrow my home town, very small, but I do know of at least one common area/public field. Hoping for that silver quarter or better! Sorry no pics, but you all know what they look like, maybe when I get home. Oh yeah i also found a Woodrow Wilson coin/token from Cracker Jacks, another odd thing, we just last week watched a show on his life....weird!

Yeah...I'd be pumped too. If your small town is old, ask the old timers where the baptism/swimming hole was back in their day.

OldFashionBa.jpg

It's super small town, no traffic lights. Used to have a Red and White store with wooden floors. But I don't see too much grass around that building. I do know where we used to swim, it is so much smaller than I remember :) And someone owns it, but I used to work with her so maybe she'll let me poke around down by the lake. I'm going to hunt hard, I am pretty sure NO ONE has ever hunted this town. The elementary closed years ago and there is a business in there now, so I'll stop there also, someone must have dropped a dime or two,... yes? :D

These are some of the finds, and a picture of how small town America still trust people. Picture of blue topaz ring and bracelet were found at 2nd hand stores totaling 3.00. Silver to boot, I know because I make the bracelets.

Attachments

• Gloves on fence 2.jpg
    Gloves on fence 2.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 346
  • Rose school.jpg
    Rose school.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 345
  • NY MD finds 002.jpg
    NY MD finds 002.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 393
  • NY MD finds 001.jpg
    NY MD finds 001.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 336
  • NY MD finds 005.jpg
    NY MD finds 005.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 338
These are some of the finds, and a picture of how small town America still trust people. Picture of blue topaz ring and bracelet were found at 2nd hand stores totaling 3.00. Silver to boot, I know because I make the bracelets.

2 of the rings I found are silver, 1 aluminum.

Back
Top Bottom