Sand scoop hole size.

flyin-lowe

Elite Member
I am having a sand scoop built similar to the Stealth 720i. I see that they use 1/2 inch holes according to their web site. I had read somewhere that 3/8 was the preffered size. I know that is not a huge difference but for those of you experience with sand scoops is there a certain hole size you would go with if given the choice.

I plan on using it in some local fresh water lakes/beaches here in Indiana and maybe the once a year trip to the ocean. I told the guy building it to go with 1/2 inch holes, I figure that the boys at Stealth know what is best.

My stealth works great, even on the beaches that are are mostly shells/pebbles...which you may find in area's around the great lakes too. I'd think a temp solution to hunting fine sand area's would be to simply add a wire mesh/screen on the inside of the scoop.

I went with 1/2 since pulltabs wont go through that hole size and decent sized for wet sand to get out.

flyin-lowe . I use 4 different types and sizes of holes.
but also has value as a scoop built and how they work ...
fresh or salt water.
type and model MD.
soil type, and size fractions ..

I've got the 720i with the half inch holes and it works great. You might lose an earing post but the sand works through better with the 1/2 holes".

Having some 1/4 holes at the back is awesome. This is an older prototype Stealth and my favorite scoop.
My newer Stealth I put some 1/4 inch hardware cloth in the bottom and use stainless steel zip ties.

May 19- 001RS.jpg

June 20 009RS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom