Surf City LBI New Jersey

K9Ace

Going to LBI in two weeks and staying in Surf City. This will be my first beach hunt. Has anyone detected down on this beach with any success and what local negative reaction has anyone had if any? I'm using my AT Pro that I have had for a week and pretty much just using it my yard to get a feel for it.

Hi , not to be negative, but, on a positive note, I hope you recover your beach admission fee and find something good.I had a bad experience at the Jersey shore.

Locals get use to seeing people with metal detectors I have had one person say "I dont think they should be allowed to hunt on the beaches because it is like something lost from someone and keeping it for yourself". I in turn take out about a 5 inch nail from my pocket and said "here is your nail you lost" and then walked away. You just have to be willing to put up with some of the stuff people say. Or you will get the people do do the beeps just look at them and the will stop or just pretend like you didnt here them. I have seen alot of people detect all over LBI some people hit it religiously.

Back
Top Bottom