Long time coming...

18kRonin

Forum Supporter
6 months into 2013 and no 18K to show for it so thought I needed a little more motivation :lol: so said to myself no more posting till I've got some 18K, sorry guys just took a little longer than I thought :impatient: and being real busy at work didn't help.

Talk about having a monkey on my back, was scoring everything but 18K :lol: 8K, 10K, 12K, 14K and even plat most of them looking a little worse for wear some broken or bent and found in nasty super trashy areas I'd been avoiding till now but damed if I could find that bright shiny buttery looking 18K stuff. At one time I couldn't get anything but 18K but now, man it's getting hard to find. :yes:

A few weeks ago had the worst water hunt ever, hunted for 8 hours to come home with only 3 coins, wish I could say the beach was sanded in but far from it I was hitting rocks at around a scoop down in the prime area.
Camped the night on the beach so had sometime to take a few pics before heading home in the morning.
I wasn't looking where I was going while walking along the beach in bare feet and stood on a snake of all things and crikey!!! the little thing bit me :lol: not what I had on the bucket list but cool anyway I just won't mention the size of it when re-telling the story :lol: Has a triangular shaped head of a viper but the color is wrong for the type of viper we get in Japan very rare to find them on the beach anyway. Could change color with age not sure or could be a non poisonous snake. Looking back, it wasn't a smart idea to try and handle it even a small one without knowing for sure what it is but it didn't seem too aggressive but I guess that's what all snake bite victims say before getting bit :yes:

First video ever posted and may be the last, but to anyone who hunts this beach good luck you'll need it or well done, you've already got it all :lol:

http://youtu.be/t_AULif9lvk

Home away from home

6A9B7303-461B-4D1C-9152-4A722613B00A-2963-000002424C99DDB8.jpg

This cormorant just walked up to me wanting food could have escaped from a fisherman they still use them for fishing at night off boats but it's mainly a tourist thing now.

1C980336-2DC2-4F0D-AA2F-8174F1F52737-2963-0000024256293F3E.jpg

Funny things you see when the hunting sucks :lol:
The same cormorant taking a nap with it's head folded back and tucked under its wing.

022FE1AD-F22D-42B8-B2A9-2CD160E89BEE-2963-0000024261EC722F.jpg

6D046CD0-BB2D-4453-BCDD-244D793CF867-2963-00000242670B999F.jpg

In the year of the snake right now so took seeing a snake as a good sign that things had to get a whole lot better :lol:

And they did, a few days ago took the Excal out to try OBN's GreyGhost mod in the water was going to try them out in some deep water but didn't get any deeper than neck deep after finding a stretch of beach I'd had my eye on for 3 years had finally opened up and in one area I was digging down to the clay bottom.
Still a hell of a lot of pull tabs and other light junk floating around and beginning to think yet another day that the 18K stuff had alluded me when I dug this iffy low tone and out popped a gold ring, but only trouble it looked too good, hard to tell the weight of rings with gloves on, thought it had to be junk till I saw Cartier 750 stamped on it and yeah baby finally 18K!!! and after an hour and a half of feverish digging got another pull tab signal and was surprised to see another shiny gold object in the scoop no way!!! another 18K ring this time with a little bling!!!
And not a bad haul of clad and silver to go with it too. Any heavy metal day is great but a multi 18K day is pure heaven in my book :yes:

Total 5.8g 18K, 8 silver rings and 98 coins in 6 hours.

The rings after a polish up.

DB494CDB-40B2-409E-9523-EEBBAA2116D6-4099-00000356843BD87E.jpg

04AC0951-FBF8-450B-8403-663D9D8C8926-3034-0000024B89E87175.jpg

Junk but that Breeders cup badge might be worth something in a few years since they are redeveloping the Hollywood track soon.

064BF489-30C2-4F7F-9524-089A647B46A6-3034-0000024E640F6596.jpg

Thanks to the guys who sent me messages to see if things were ok, much appreciated. :yes:

Thanks for viewing

HH & GL

Those rings cleaned up nice I'm gonna watch the video soon as im done putting the dishes away:laughing: ( don't judge me):laughing: way to go 18kronin

Hey 18k,

Glad to see you still here with us .... especially after being bitten by a snake on the beach!
You should have grabbed that cormorant and tied a string around its neck and taught it to fish for 18k!:D
Great photos and even better rings.
Hope you have some "free time" with the monkey off your back during Obon!

Cheers mate.

What is the world coming to G when you find less carat weight than 18k :laughing: You should have fed the snake to the mud hen ;) Good seeing you back...

Nice finds. Glad you were able to find your 18k and start posting again

Excellent haul! Don't see Cartier often:shock: We were fishing from a boat once and a cormorant perched on the side eating all our small throwbacks we'd hand him. He went to fly off and was too heavy to get airborn:lol:

That's a great pile o' rings, and a beautiful 18k! Congrats, and thanks for the photos. I'm sure glad those snakes aren't crawling around our beaches! I just found my first 18k yesterday, so I understand your frustration!

Awesome looking hunt. Congrats on the sweet finds.( See Chuck, there is gold under them waves...:lol:)

THERE HE IS!

Who is "18kRonin" without the 18k? Glad you found yourself.

Always good to read your stories. It's never "I went hunting today and this is what I found"... always an adventure!

NOW GO GET MORE!

Good to see you back 18k. :grin:

I checked your profile the other day to see if you had been posting. Was getting a little worried. :(

Very nice score on those two. Hope its the beginning of a lucky streak:yes::yes:

I had a very very good run up to summer but its been bleak since then. My main beaches are closed at night over summer or the parking is ridiculously expensive and daytime it too damn hot. :mad:

Last hunt the best of it was half a 5 yen and an 50 sen coin for a grand total of 3 yen! :lol::lol:

Beautiful collection of Treasure 18k, Always enjoy seeing the post. And Glad you like the Gray Ghost Amphibians. Kewl home away setup you have, wonder if that would work on a Boat...

You were waiting to find 18K to post!!:roll:

Congrats on finally being able to post some!!:thumbsup:

We missed Ya Friend!

The way things have been here I would be thrilled with a piece of jewelry that even looked like gold!!!!!!!!!:lol:

CJ

Back
Top Bottom