Stoped by Park Manager

Ok- This is straight from the horses mouth (Phoenix Parks Department). Whether I agree with it is another topic.....

"I don't believe digging of any kind is permitted. You could remove items on the surface, of course. I'm doublechecking this. If you don't hear back from me, assume the information I have given you is correct."

David Urbinato, APR
Public Information Officer
Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department
(602) 262-4994

gee i wouldnt take the chance of being a guest of joe arpairo wearing a pink jump suit and eating bologna sandwitch under a tent he used be a sherriff here in ma.

here in  NYC we need a permit which is free, it has to be renew every year but like i said is free!!! :yes: they have a few rules and reg on the back side. like no digging in baseball fields. or well manicure lawns etc. and there is a form also that has to be fill out before renewing, the parks official wants to know if anything of significant importance has been found.
here is the info for dept of parks new york city.
URBAN PARK SERVICE
1234 FIFTH AVENUE
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10029
MICHAEL DOCKETT, CHIEF
212-360-2781.

I left and my brother followed me soon after, i'm not sure if she told us to leave but she did say we couldn't do what we were doing and didn't want to engage the argument futher than that.

As regarding to the holes we dug, none were more than 4 inches by another 2-3 inches deep and all were put back.

Anyone know where i can find out info on Detecting in Massachusetts? We have plenty of history, but unsure what is or isn't allowed.

One time i was allowed to detect at the hatch shell down the esplanade in Boston. Technically i wasn't looking for coins, i was working there looking for a metal electrical handhole cover that had been covered over with dirt and grass over the years. But as I was searching for it i uncovered a '39 wheatie, a silver '53 dime and quite a few clad peiced all within the small area i was searching for the cover in. If only we were allowed to do the entire esplanade. :(

Back
Top Bottom