How many have lost a lot of weight from metal detecting?

Maybe I should say I have lost some weight. But considering how my diet is strict now, quit eating out and eat at a calorie deficit since I weigh all my food on a scale and log my intake daily plus I am getting many days at least 3 hours of exercise sometimes as much as 7 hrs in a day yet my weight loss hasn't been what I would consider major. Maybe 15 lbs since I started detecting, but at my weight that isn't significant.

Try cutting out the HFCS, seriously I think that stuff is poison and it's in almost everything.

I drink a lot of soda, so I bought a sodastream machine and mix my own soda syrup from pure beet sugar. That probably had as much to do with my weight loss as MD'ing did.

Fully agree on killing the High Fructose Corn Syrup out. That stuff is the Satan of food additives. I eat pure cane sugar myself, I am back to 135 lbs now. I was drinking the lemon-ade you got at the fast food places, which is Minute Maid and full of the stuff. My all time favortie drink is Hueberts lemon-ade it is nice and tart.
Also I love the corn syrup ads where they try and say that it is not bad for you. When I hear the line it is only corn, I think of when I worked at a ranch and we fed the stock corn to fatten them up before selling them.

Drink beer while detecting?

"Hey mommy, there's a strange old blind man with a beer, and a big shiny knife staggering around the park with really ugly ear muffs!"

Double edged sword (or knife). I spend more tim md'ing and less at the gym. It is activity, but not as much as working out. I do forget to stuffmy face when I'm out swinging. Lose track of time. As stated, it's a better mental workout. All beingsaid, I was chubby when I started and still am! Its a curse. My bones are oversized, and all the swinging won't help them shrink. Wink!

Try cutting out the HFCS, seriously I think that stuff is poison and it's in almost everything.

I drink a lot of soda, so I bought a sodastream machine and mix my own soda syrup from pure beet sugar. That probably had as much to do with my weight loss as MD'ing did.

I don't even drink soda anymore nor eat things with HFCS. I've seriously cut it down to healthy eating aside from the occasional fun size chocolate bar. I drink only water, milk and ice tea with sweet n low. I'm even doing the wheatbelly diet, if you are familiar with the book, and do not consume wheat.

I thought the sodastream thing used splenda as sweetner? How do you do use your own homemade syrup in it? I've only seen them in the store and don't know anyone that owns one, so its all new to me.

Can't say i lost any weight but seems to help my arthritis in my shoulders,one good thing about having arthritis is i never seem to get stuck in any bad weather because soon as a storm starts to approach the shoulders will start to ache like heck.LOL

Something else I find odd is despite my many hours out in the sun detecting and not using sunscreen I have not really tanned much this summer nor gotten a sunburn. Which is off the topic but I find this odd too and wonder if its because we have our head and arms in the downward position that is what prevents tanning? Or are the trees in park blocking more sun than I realize? I certainly sweat a lot while I'm out though. Speaking of which I'm going out now. Catch ya guys in a few hours!

I've tanned SOME -- but my problem is that I freckle badly -- oh wait maybe it's my freckles that have made me appeared tanned -- they've connected themselves (you know dot to dot)! :laughing: As for weight -- I've lost approx. 27-28 lbs this year -- could be the detecting but I'm thinking it's because I'm out more and not sitting home and watching TV and eating whatever I can find, whenever. Less snacking! :D

I've tanned SOME -- but my problem is that I freckle badly -- oh wait maybe it's my freckles that have made me appeared tanned -- they've connected themselves (you know dot to dot)! :laughing: As for weight -- I've lost approx. 27-28 lbs this year -- could be the detecting but I'm thinking it's because I'm out more and not sitting home and watching TV and eating whatever I can find, whenever. Less snacking! :D

Congrats on the weight loss. I know what you mean I don't spend much time at home anymore. By time I get home I am so exhausted between the gym and my detecting that by the time I get supper cooked I'm about to drop. The next day I can't even remember half the time what it was I watched on tv if I even have the time to sit down and view something. Half the time I can't recall what I ate for supper I am so doggone tired. Its a great feeling. Regardless of the weight loss its got to be good just to be moving around that much. Last winter many times I seem to be the only person venturing outside. While other people were on the couch watching football as long as it was above 35 degs I was out digging every weekend. My detector doesn't work right if its below 35 otherwise I would always be out. I got a raincover for my F2 so I was out in the rain like a looney bird today!

I don't even drink soda anymore nor eat things with HFCS. I've seriously cut it down to healthy eating aside from the occasional fun size chocolate bar. I drink only water, milk and ice tea with sweet n low. I'm even doing the wheatbelly diet, if you are familiar with the book, and do not consume wheat.

I thought the sodastream thing used splenda as sweetner? How do you do use your own homemade syrup in it? I've only seen them in the store and don't know anyone that owns one, so its all new to me.

So far I use Rio syrup concentrate from prairie moon. I threw the syrup mix that came with it away, it's as bad as store bought pop.

http://www.prairiemoon.biz/

Its very simple, you mix it with sugar 1oz makes 32 oz of syrup. You mix 3 oz of syrup with 9 oz carbonated water and your pop is fresh and tasty.

This winter when I'm bored and stuck inside I'll make old fashioned soda syrup on the stove top from scratch to make root beer, cream soda, sasparilla, etc.

There are old fashioned soda syrup recipes all over the net. :grin:

Thanks for the recipe. I may try this especially after you mentioned cream soda because Mug quit making their cream soda which was the only soda left I would drink.

Thanks for the recipe. I may try this especially after you mentioned cream soda because Mug quit making their cream soda which was the only soda left I would drink.

My wife mixes the carbonated water 50/50 with cranberry juice and other real no additives juices and loves it. She's diabetic so sugar is out.

My wife mixes the carbonated water 50/50 with cranberry juice and other real no additives juices and loves it. She's diabetic so sugar is out.

So do you just get the canister for the sodastream and that's all you need? Or can you even just mix it was something like club soda or sparkling water? THis is funny we have gone from detecting to soda making recipes, but its my thread so its fine with me! lol

Back
Top Bottom