The Red/White stones of legend

Yousername

Elite Member
I've always wondered about Alchemy and recently started reading up on ancient alchemy and the stones of legend, the white(for transmuting silver) and the red(for transmuting gold) philosophers stone's. It all seems interesting and i wonder if they were ever created and if they ever worked, who started the legend of the stones, was there a purpose behind the stones other then power and money? I've read they can be used in healing the sick, so why is it you only hear about transmuting gold and silver when it comes to the stones? Am i the only nerd here who is interested in alchemy or are there others here? lol whats your opinions on alchemy in general and the mythic stones?

Alchemy is interesting in an historical sense, and some elements were discovered/isolated by alchemists. However, alchemy is to science what politics is to honesty. None of its basic precepts are accepted by real scientists today. The ultimate goal of alchemy was the "Philosopher's Stone" and immortality. All of alchemy's "successes" in transmuting base metal to gold were based on fraud.

-- Tom

my favorite book is "the Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho.

has little or nothing to do with Alchemy, but one of the main character is an Alchemist!!

Alchemy has great history through out the world...

Some of the early chemists started out in alchemy,

And that eventually led to the science of chemistry. More importantly, it connected scientists with the concept of government grants, and the rest is history.

And yes, I should have all the different pH stones in stock eventually, My Relco Frontiersman doesn't seem to be finding any right now, but I guess I just need to tune it better.

Once I find a few, I'll be happy to sell them to you for a low, low, introductory price.

I am accepting unicorn horns and hen's teeth at this time to build up my stock. I could also use a few buckets of panacea. I am also short on the elixir of life, and all that I have left is stored in some still sealed Jack Daniels bottles. You have to activate the e-o-l a dose at a time by carefully combining it a few drops at a time in an iced glass with a carbonated drink.

HH,
John Morton

Back
Top Bottom