White Coin Master GT

T8er St8er

WOOO HOOO ! ! Just got my paycheck today. On it was an unexpected $500 safety bonus. Wife said, "You earned it, as far as I'm concerned it's yours to do what you want with."

Monday I pick up the White Coin Master GT I've had my eye on. :crazy:

I'm sure it's not the first choice of many of you, but I'm excited.:D It'll be my first.

The GT has many of whites top of the line features and will make a great detector. Congrats.

Whites makes some really nice detectors, that one is nothing less. I would be excited too. As soon as I can get over this near death flu I will back out using my Whites. :yes:

Congrats! I have the GT and love it! I have already found a bunch of newer clad coins and a gold men's ring! The stock coil is good. I am going to pick up a Prizm 4x6 DD coil for it next. I have heard that it makes this GT just work that much better! I also just got the Garrett Pro Pointer and made up a pouch I carry. See pics attached. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362197775.404156.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362197802.737099.jpg

You also can't beat their customer service! My coil was getting water in it and they are sending me a new one in the mail no questions asked. Gotta love that!

Chris
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got rid of my Coinmaster and am trying a different brand. I had a few questions about problems i was having, and was informed ( a couple times) to ask my dealer, even after I explained I had bought it from them directly.
Impression I was left with (from talking to a higher-end White's owner) is if you buy something higher end they will wait on you pretty well. If you buy an entry level machine you are on your own (or you and your dealer I guess).

BUT good luck on the GT, I was seriously considering that machine but decided to go with something else this time (after talking to a dealer!), the main advantage over a regular Coinmaster will be the auto (vs preset) ground balance.

"the main advantage over a regular Coinmaster will be the auto (vs preset) ground balance."

You can't be serious. The tone ID and backlight has to be a huge plus.

I had a lot of problems with ground balance issues, so may be I'm sensitive to that issue particularly. Tone ID, definitely. I wouldn't consider backlighting an issue really. I know some people do like detecting at night. I have to sleep at night, since I work during the day.

Maybe I should have said "one of the advantages".

I had a lot of problems with ground balance issues, so may be I'm sensitive to that issue particularly. Tone ID, definitely. I wouldn't consider backlighting an issue really. I know some people do like detecting at night. I have to sleep at night, since I work during the day.

Maybe I should have said "one of the advantages".

Understool Gilly, and I understand about the GBing. I still have lots of troubles getting confidence with the V3i Whites in ground balances. As far as the backlight...I stretch hunts after sundown in tot lots once the kids leave, otherwise I have little use for itself here either. The TID is something I wouldn't live without though. martin

Yeah I had to rely on just the screen really. It was my first machine and feel (after watching videos of different machines) that I would have been way better off learning tone ID vs watching a screen. I know there are more techie ways of saying what i am trying to say.
I know I push a little bit into late evening also, but never to the point that I couldn't see the screen, but close. There seemed to be a sweet spot this past summer (I think because it was so dry), between "enough light" and "mosquitos" where it was hard to quit. Then it got late enough and it was time to think about going home and going to bed. Not working tomorrow so sitting up a bit late, waiting for the next round of snow.

Back
Top Bottom