Heading to Siesta Beach!

sparkfly88

I'll be out there poking around with my seahunter, and rigged water scoop.

If anyone heads out there, lemme know!!:tropical:

Got my waist belt setup and the parts I needed from Garrett for free.
Now I barely know it's even on my arm.
This is awesome

Sent from Tapatalk while mobile.

Well I cleaned the main beach of every known hair pin..... The only thing of depth i dug was two bottle caps at like two feet down...

Found a penny And a dime in the wave surf zone....

Oh, and my modified hand held sand scoop I put a pole on, basically got totaled. Lol...

Looks like I gotta get a hundred dollar aluminum one...

Just leaving the beach now... Man... Dropping this kind of money on a water detector and finding nothing decent in almost a week solid worth of detecting is kinda rough.

$100.... you might get one, but places like Siesta are like digging in clay. Even our SS ones bend on occasion dont they Gold Digger you 6 day a week gorilla :laughing: That beach is hit hard WE like to keep it clean.... makes recent drops easier to find.

Dew

So I guess that means go out and buy some galvanized steel and weld up a beast scoop?

No i wouldnt recommend that.... what im trying to do is save you from buying a SECOND scoop if you are serious about hunting. Spend the extra money on a really good scoop the first time.... other wise you will have a collection like the rest of us :lol: Thats the only point i was trying to make.

Dew

It'll be like the pro pointer I finally bought. Dropped the money... And I love it.

How did the sea hunter work for you. What did you like and dislike about it.

I've been using it for a week or so now... And I've the control box in three different positions... On top of the pole... Under arm.. And waist mounted.

On top... Is heavvvvvvyyyyy and off balance.

Underarm is a great balance.

Waist is even better because your swinging almost nothing...But you need like a 4x4 block on your hips or chest...

Pinpointing.... I'm still getting used to. I'm not that efficient yet.

Depth... I can't really say, because half the time I miss the item I dig for.. So it moves.....

It is sensitive enough to get the smallest pieces of metal... Like today i had fun trying to find a little metal bead 3/4 of the size of an air rifle bb.

It hears the waves alot... Which kinda bothers me... Not sure if all PIs do that or not... So I'm still trying to figure out what settings to run.

I'm either in standard with discrimination at 2-3 till the noise of the waves passing goes away...

Or I run in discreet with the threshold just under 4, till I can hear the slight hum...

I'm almost beginning to think I should have stuck to my guns and got the sand shark... Idk, I may just be frustrated because I figured water hunting would be fruitful y already.

$100.... you might get one, but places like Siesta are like digging in clay. Even our SS ones bend on occasion dont they Gold Digger you 6 day a week gorilla :laughing: That beach is hit hard WE like to keep it clean.... makes recent drops easier to find.

Dew

LOL,,,,,,yup, I would say we keep her clean @ just about all times,,,,,dont we,,,:laughing:today was no different,,,,,but man, yes, that shell layer we have been digging with the dense sand even makes it tough for us 6 day a week gorillas,,,, 100 plus targets,,,,,yes, Imalookin, my stainless bolt is still not affecting anything but my arms from digging,,,,todays hunt not as good as the other day, but not complaining,,,,good hunting with you Dew,,,,

Not to worry...... the main thing is to hunt. It wont pay for its self in the closet. A PI has a much longer learning curve if you are trying to learn the tones ..... like bobbie pins and bottle caps. SS or the one you have..... they are both PIs you have to get used to them. At this point, its not about the depth as much as learning to use the machine effectively.

dew

I've been using it for a week or so now... And I've the control box in three different positions... On top of the pole... Under arm.. And waist mounted.

On top... Is heavvvvvvyyyyy and off balance.

Underarm is a great balance.

Waist is even better because your swinging almost nothing...But you need like a 4x4 block on your hips or chest...

Pinpointing.... I'm still getting used to. I'm not that efficient yet.

Depth... I can't really say, because half the time I miss the item I dig for.. So it moves.....

It is sensitive enough to get the smallest pieces of metal... Like today i had fun trying to find a little metal bead 3/4 of the size of an air rifle bb.

It hears the waves alot... Which kinda bothers me... Not sure if all PIs do that or not... So I'm still trying to figure out what settings to run.

I'm either in standard with discrimination at 2-3 till the noise of the waves passing goes away...

Or I run in discreet with the threshold just under 4, till I can hear the slight hum...

I'm almost beginning to think I should have stuck to my guns and got the sand shark... Idk, I may just be frustrated because I figured water hunting would be fruitful y already.

If this will help you....I also hunt with a Sea hunter.

I use Discrete Elimination, MUCH quieter and no loss of depth..Discs no more than 2 and threshold just a slight hum.

Hip mounting is the only way to go with the SH as it is heavy. If you are using the "free" Garrett belt and think you need a block on you hip, get a stiffer belt from a dive shop or a tool belt to where the control box does not bounce on your hip.

Pinpoint...right at the 6 o'clock position of the coil, the target will be right at the base of the coil.

Getting to the target is where a good scoop is a must. Using a bad scoop and chasing the target becomes normal. The wider the scoop, the less accurate you have to be on pinpoint. The faster you can retrieve a target the higher your odds are of finding good targets.

You will not get rid of the noise in the surf if you are set for maximum depth. The SH is VERY sensitive and it will pickup the the movement of the waves. You can de-tune it for the waves, but you will only pickup surface targets It is not a surf type machine for hunting. Past the waves and it is a great machine.

It's not the machine, it is the experience of the hunter behind the machine, one week is NOT enough. I have many, many years of experience and a gold find once a month on the Gulf beach is about normal now if you are lucky and in the right place. If you think all of these posts with the nice pictures happen everyday....that is not the case in the Gulf. One or two of the post might even be made up. :?:

A lot has to do with how often you hunt. Other wise CS may be right about that one ring.

Dew

Actually Dew,,it is part of it, but you have to have skill to do as well as you do and you definately have the skill,,,it is one thing to swing on the dry sand where somebody dropped something but another to look at the water and go hunt it the most effective way to where the stuff may be lying,,,

Back
Top Bottom