Austin Texas

mamacat433

Anyone want to show a newbie some hunting tricks? OK group reread this!I did specify HUNTING.

I used to live in Austin. Great town for the most part. There's a lot of history there and a lot of good places to detect. Unfortunately you're probably going to be asking for a lot of permission seeing how everything around there is privately owned. But my suggestion to you is to detect the old (and I mean old) neighborhoods there where the elite used to live. You'll find some good stuff. There are a lot of other little towns around you that have a lot of history too.

Thanks maybe Hyde park? I am not sure I know where the OLD elite lived? Damn I sound blonde or something. lol
Ali

Sounds like you need to take a trip to their wonderful library :P

Hi Mamacat,
So are there some good places to go huntin around here? What MD do you have/prefer? We are in South Austin, RR isn't far.

John

RR has totally changed from what it was. I used to work there back in the 90's. Crazy development went on after Dell moved there.

Welcome to the forum Mamacat !!!

Check the laws, seems like I read Travis County had banned metal detectors from their parks last year, I know they were also considering reversing the law, never did hear if it had been reversed .................

mamacat433 said:
Thanks maybe Hyde park? I am not sure I know where the OLD elite lived? (darn) I sound blonde or something. lol
Ali
:D your good looking

Yeah, I agree with you Okie but I do believe that that is one reason we don't see as many women in certain "sports or hobbies", because they can't even speak without some dude hitting on them. Chases them off IMHO.

Is NW Austin too far?

I live in the 183/620 area, and go evert day. I would be glad to take you anytime.

Back
Top Bottom