Found my oldest ever today

cheffu

I’ve been a long time Etrac user. I was able to get an Equinox 600 a few weeks ago and I think I’m starting to get comfortable with it. I went to a new permission a couple of weeks ago and was able to find a few goodies that I put in my last post. IMG_1696.jpg

We didn’t cover all the ground and the Indian kept me interested. So we went back this morning and I found my first pre civil war coin. My oldest had previously been an 1873 Indian head penny. We were only there maybe 15 minutes and I had already pulled a wheat penny. I got a bouncing 36-38 on the equinox. I dug a plug and it was still in the bottom of the hole. I pulled some
More dirt out and saw the rim. Thought i had found a token. Started cleaning it off and my jaw dropped.
IMG_1735.jpg
I live in West Georgia. The areas are certainly old enough for these type of coins but the population was sparse and very poor. Honestly never thought I’d find a large cent hunting around here.
The rest of the haul wasn’t too bad either.IMG_1736.jpg
IMG_1738.jpg
IMG_1739.jpg
IMG_1742.jpg
I think the Shirley Temple charm from the previous trip was on the chain as I found it right by the old plug. The square piece is a printing plate from roughly turn of century. For Atlanta Buggy Company. My son found a whole one on the previous trip.
IMG_1743.jpg
Overall great morning. My oldest son also found 5 wheats not pictured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks All! Looking closer at the chain with charms it definitely goes with the Shirley Temple pendant.
IMG_1741.jpg
The little book charm reads “Shirley Temple 20th Century Fox Hollywood”

Planning to reach out to the local historical society to see if they have any info on how the Atlanta Buggy Company is tied to the town. I did not find them in Atlanta and the fact that we found two makes me think there was a connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice finds! Love the printing plate!

Attachments

• Plate.jpg
    Plate.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 198
Very nice finds! I feel your pain about Georgia. I live in Warner Robins GA and this town was founded basically in the 40s so watching the hoover boys and seeing all the posts here get me all excited but I just don't have super old ground here.

Back
Top Bottom