Beach Silver

FoiledAgain

Elite Member
Did some prospecting yesterday and finally found an alley with some good targets. Didn't realize until I got home that there was silver among the coins -- three Rosies and a '41 quarter. The little earring is kinda ugly but it's .925.

There were also a couple of 50's wheats in the mix, so overall it looks like a good spot to turn up some more older stuff. I'll definitely be headed back for a closer look.

-Foiled

Attachments

• IMG_9987.jpg
    IMG_9987.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_9988.JPG
    IMG_9988.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_9989.JPG
    IMG_9989.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_9990.JPG
    IMG_9990.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_9994.JPG
    IMG_9994.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 437
Great looking hunt Brian... :yes: I thought the silver was on the far right in your picture :D

From the looks of those coins that stuff has been there a while. Hit the heck out of that place, there's gotta be some yellow stuff there. Congrats and good luck.

Spent a couple more hours at the same spot. The first hour I did an experiment -- covered several swaths with the GT (found only a few trash items), then covered the identical area with the BH300 (found only a brass screw and iron signals that I ignored). So it looks like the GT didn't miss much, but I need to repeat the experiment in a more target-rich area, alternating which machine I use first. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

The second hour I moved down the beach a bit with the BH300. Still finding some older coins from the 40's and 50's, plus another '41 silver quarter. The copper coin at the bottom right (a bit smaller and thinner than a US penny) has a lyre on it but is otherwise unidentifiable. I'm thinking Irish... anyone know?

Foiled

Attachments

• IMG_9995.jpg
    IMG_9995.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 304
Spent a couple more hours at the same spot. The first hour I did an experiment -- covered several swaths with the GT (found only a few trash items), then covered the identical area with the BH300 (found only a brass screw and iron signals that I ignored). So it looks like the GT didn't miss much, but I need to repeat the experiment in a more target-rich area, alternating which machine I use first. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

The second hour I moved down the beach a bit with the BH300. Still finding some older coins from the 40's and 50's, plus another '41 silver quarter. The copper coin at the bottom right (a bit smaller and thinner than a US penny) has a lyre on it but is otherwise unidentifiable. I'm thinking Irish... anyone know?

Foiled

Brian... before I bought the GT I had a DFX and the GT found more targets deeper than the DFX covering the same ground... I sold the DFX :yes:

Brian... before I bought the GT I had a DFX and the GT found more targets deeper than the DFX covering the same ground... I sold the DFX :yes:

I hope to become proficient enough with the GT that I can say the same, but even then I'll keep the BH. :detector: It's a been a great goldfinder for me, and in the water I can swing it for hours without fatigue. In the meantime it's fun to experiment!

Back
Top Bottom