Question for the Minelab Gurus..Old Vs New

steevo

I was just wondering how you think an X-terra 50 would compare to an Explorer XS.
The reason is I am saving to buy an X-terra 50 but an almost new condition Explorer XS has presented itself for the same money.
So which would be a better buy for the same dollars? Is the newer technology going to be better compared to the older XS?
Your opinion is appreciated

Steve from NZ

I had read though that the Explorer XS was a little fragile and had a few bugs. Is there much merit to this?
I am leaning toward the Explorer XS just due to the fact that it originally cost more than twice what the X-terra 50 does so I would expect it to be a better featured unit

Steve from NZ

Overall the Explorer is the better detector IF...you are willing to take the time with it that you'll need to get it to perform at peak . The X50 is a more user friendly detector by far.

Overall the Explorer is the better detector IF...you are willing to take the time with it that you'll need to get it to perform at peak . The X50 is a more user friendly detector by far.

Thanks,
It does seem from all i have read that the Explorer is a rather complicated beast. While I do like technology I don't want it to be a chore..

Steve from NZ

I own an Explorer xs, and the plastic shaft latch cracked and broke. Minelab made it good, though. They converted my XS to an Explorer II(at least structurally). I'd say a first time detectorist can go out with an Explorer, turn it on, and start finding stuff. Sometimes, that's the best way to learn a machine.

Back
Top Bottom