Fisher Impulse AQ detector update

CFM-CT Reply --The next time

I go out :yes: , as i wore out my cheap Harbor Freight mask, ill put gogles on to boot , i you tubed P-100 Resperators vs N-95 , it's better, better seal , add gogles keeps 99.7 % filtration out , so i found out since N-95 s are out of stock , there are upgrades howboughtit

I'll be testing it in as soon as they lift the ban going to the beach...

That statement tells THE KOB you already got one. You best ship it to the West Coast , where I still have a few beaches open. By the time your beaches open , you'll have converted back to a F/T dirt digger and your waters will be frozen over.

That statement tells THE KOB you already got one. You best ship it to the West Coast , where I still have a few beaches open. By the time your beaches open , you'll have converted back to a F/T dirt digger and your waters will be frozen over.

I have the N95's that are left overs from last seasons cutting schedule and I will not share them with anyone... :D They are worth more than gold around here with the virus so thick here...

A "few" ?? Heck ALL my beaches @ Monterey bay area are "open". Provided, of course, I go at 2am. So peaceful. So serene ! :roll:

Not down here Tom. I can go 24/7 legally. Guess your out of the running. I should have said So.Cal...

At rhis point the scheduling of production and release has to be really screwed up. To be honest dropping two grand on a detector this year is out of the realm of possibility for me now. The beaches i hunt are the same ones in the mid Atlantic that many here hunt. Without crowds and drops the hunting is terrible. Plus i just dont see myself wanting to be around people at all. Next year maybe. By then this thread will be 200 pages.

I water hunt so I suspect it’s going to a lot cheaper than the CTX was. Close your eyes and press BUY lol. This thing has been beat to death so Fisher knows our concerns and needs.... I thinks it’s going to be a game changer for some.

I suspect that CTX’s aren’t selling so well these days - the Equinox put a stake in the heart of its “value proposition” at least at the beach.

The AQ is a new tool - works way different from any VLF detector - multifreaker or singlefreaker. If it proves to be a tool which yields “new” results from existing beaches - then it will justify whatever reasonable price they charge.

Fyi - here in So.Cal , there are a few CTXs for sale in the $1600-$1700 range. They have been on the market for several months easy. 1 recent sold for $1200 w/ extras. He sold it to the 1st caller.( darn it ). Currently there is an Xcal2 for $1400 obo. This comes w/$700 in extras. He says it's in great condition.

As I thought. Minelab are very smart. Kill hundreds of units a year of CTX’s - and replace them with many, many thousands of Nox’s at $800 a pop.

It’s called Disruption Theory - Clay Christiansen - Harvard Business School. Something good enough comes up fro the bottom and upsets the “better” product at the top.

How will the Impulse AQ play in this game? We may start getting data on that soon.

What kind of theory is it Rick to produce a real game changing machine ....... yet my understanding is the numbers are going to be crazy small? Are they testing the waters? Its got a hell of a lot of potential especially for in the water hunting. I can see a limited release....... but not if it sells for the amount they maybe asking and the R&D involved.

Yes, they are “testing the waters”. Hope to be able to fully describe the plan soon, but frankly , they need to finish the plan before I can describe it!

My big concern is it doesnt go the same way the AquaStar II did..... only 19 produced. Cost more to build than they could be sold for. IF the cost of this machine is nearly $4000 and they sell it for half that .... we wont see many unless they bring that cost down. Maybe a digital model can do that.... in a few years. Components may become all the companies problems. I get the hint these are being assembled one at a time, which can mean a bit of a variance in tuning. Someone mentioned on FB that it would be way to much money for them to spend on the machine. I personally hope a lot of people feel that way and leaves me with the only one on the beach. This isnt going to be a machine to many will want to hunt beside you with.

Come on "AQ"...I would be happy to see it by winter...:shock:

Summer is fresh drop time.
:pirate2:

We dont disagree very often Joe but this time we do. Its nearing 3 years on this project. They either want to do it or they dont. It may not be a recent drop machine.... but that depends on how you use it. with a 12 1/2" coil it certainly covers more water and sand and i highly doubt if used in disc you are going to miss many recent drops. We are sanded in buddy...... lots of fresh sand. We had cold water, then came the virus no one on the beach for 6 weeks at least, and now..... we have a LOT more hunters mostly because their normal lives were seriously disrupted and they have a lot more time on their hands... and a lot less money in their pocket.... and gold prices are at $700. Our sand bars have nearly moved to the beach we no longer have those deep troughts we had a few years back. This is exactly the time to get this machine out to us..... for those of us wanting one. You have said it..... its going to be a clean up machine..... but if there are no recent drops id like get this show on the road. There hasnt been a lot of gold shown this year yet. It also appears there wont be many available any way. so it will have little impact except for those of us wanting it. More of a testing machine it appears for future digital machines maybe.

Back
Top Bottom