Lucky #13 on the 13th day of drought

On the Gold Scott, ? are you ahead of Craig for the year, on the Gold :shock::lol:

LOL, to be honest I've never kept track of my finds in previous years and not sure I will continue to this year. I'm not much of a competitive person and oddly enough find myself getting more excited when someone else makes a good find over myself. That being said, I was pretty psyched to see my short drought come to an end. I also have another odd tendency, once I find a piece of gold I feel the pressure is off and don't care as much if I find more. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to find a dozen pieces but as long as I find one piece, I'm cool and consider the day a success. Some say I'm a bit off.:p:D

LOL, to be honest I've never kept track of my finds in previous years and not sure I will continue to this year. I'm not much of a competitive person and oddly enough find myself getting more excited when someone else makes a good find over myself. That being said, I was pretty psyched to see my short drought come to an end. I also have another odd tendency, once I find a piece of gold I feel the pressure is off and don't care as much if I find more. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to find a dozen pieces but as long as I find one piece, I'm cool and consider the day a success. Some say I'm a bit off.:p:D

Congrats on the ring Scott.. are you using the 10x12? I read where yours chattered in the rocks.. on one beach here I found that to be the case and had to turn the sensitivity to around 3 pm... every other spot I have been able to run it at 10..

Pay no attention to Earl... he is at 563 days without yellow :laughing:

Congrats on the ring Scott.. are you using the 10x12? I read where yours chattered in the rocks.. on one beach here I found that to be the case and had to turn the sensitivity to around 3 pm... every other spot I have been able to run it at 10..

Pay no attention to Earl... he is at 563 days without yellow :laughing:

I basically use the 12X10 on one particular beach, basically a wide open beach, some iron but mostly wide open sand. On this particular beach I pay close attention when I start hitting areas of iron concentration, there seems to be a correlation with the iron and gold, assuming it's a density thing. On a couple of our smaller, more trashy iron riddled beaches I've tried the stock GT coil with slight improvement but I still have difficulty with the constant chatter. Next time I will try lowering the sensitivity WAY down and see if it's more bearable. On these trashy beaches I find it more enjoyable using the E-trac, which still runs pretty smooth in the trash and I just have more experience differentiating between trash and treasure. Maybe with more experience I will grow more comfortable with the GT in trash.

I basically use the 12X10 on one particular beach, basically a wide open beach, some iron but mostly wide open sand. On this particular beach I pay close attention when I start hitting areas of iron concentration, there seems to be a correlation with the iron and gold, assuming it's a density thing. On a couple of our smaller, more trashy iron riddled beaches I've tried the stock GT coil with slight improvement but I still have difficulty with the constant chatter. Next time I will try lowering the sensitivity WAY down and see if it's more bearable. On these trashy beaches I find it more enjoyable using the E-trac, which still runs pretty smooth in the trash and I just have more experience differentiating between trash and treasure. Maybe with more experience I will grow more comfortable with the GT in trash.

I have never had the 10 inch Tornado chatter... you need to get a DF if you think the GT chatters :lol:

If this is the same beach Scott brought me too, then it must be heavy mineralization, because my CTX was smooth, but the suggested sensitivity was showing super super low. In auto sensitivity the machine wanted to run at about 25% of maximum which indicates heavy mineralization. Usually its at
90+%. Most beaches my CTX can be run hot in both manual and auto.

Only in naturally occurring iron veins in the dirt have I seen the machine want to run low sensitivity.

If this is the same beach Scott brought me too, then it must be heavy mineralization, because my CTX was smooth, but the suggested sensitivity was showing super super low. In auto sensitivity the machine wanted to run at about 25% of maximum which indicates heavy mineralization. Usually its at
90+%. Most beaches my CTX can be run hot in both manual and auto.

Only in naturally occurring iron veins in the dirt have I seen the machine want to run low sensitivity.

I'm glad you said something I have been using my new ultimate 13 @ 10 o'clock and it's been a regular chatty Kathy it gets a little smother @11:30 but I do get some great depth. I got a 40mm "turtle foot" about 2' Down @ my beach when I find some gold I'll post it.

More than that lol

But your up on Craig , Scott, he's on a slump :yes::lol:, the pressure's on the PRO :shock::D, I think even Frank's up on him 2 :egyptian::clap: Craig I am glad to see you are keeping count buddy :thumbsup:, I guess I will have to hit the beach in the next few weeks :(:laughing:

that's a keeper, cant melt the ones with stones,,,,great work on #13,,,,,,thats a lot of gold for the year,,,,keep it going,,,,,,GL HH

Back
Top Bottom