Older whites VRS newer whites

Diggin-D

I have a prism 2 as a first MD ( Newby to the hobby) I see the older machines for sale on ebay I think they are called coinmaster 5000 and 6000. Just wondering what is different from the older units and the new? Please forgive my ignorance,this is all new to me..

I think the main difference is meter(old) vs. led display(new). There are some other factors, like weight and coil styles, as well. I think that the older White's will get the job done. But keep in mind, you can sell a "turd" on e-bay.......

Newer detectors can be digitally processed where the older detectors are analog in nature. Also the newer detectors use chips insterad big heavy PC boards with lots of parts on them.

I guess its obvious the older models would be much heavier.I was wondering more about the mechanics of them.I can tell you that the prism 2 is a good pinpointer,but doesnt tell the truth about whats underground.peices of aluminum can read out as coins.Hot rocks throw it off too.So if it comes down to signal stregnth repeated over the same spot,the only advantage to the prism 2 over the old units,is light weight and pinpointing.Here is another question.Do all metal detectors send out the same type of signal? Are the high dollar units more accurate in showing you whats underground?

Back
Top Bottom