Whats the MXT worth?

Steeler1

How much is a resonable price to pay for a 4 month old MXT, with 20 months of warranty left?

Excellent condition and even has the extra 6x10DD coil, with extra lower rod. Both coils have covers, Also the MXT dvd, complete instruction book, headphones, and digger..?

What would be a reasonable price to ask?

Are you buying or selling? Hope you're not getting out of the hobby. If I were selling I'd try to get $700. If I was buying I wouldn't want to pay more than $600. ;) I'm a tightwad :lol:

I really don't know what the market is like. I would check Ebay.

GO STEELERS!

Ok, if the phones are the ones that come with the package deal (blue) they aren't worth much. The Big K would sell the MXT, phones, padded case, manual etc. for $700 new. The 6x10 go for about $100 on Ebay. I have seen several MXT's go for $450 one on Ebay, I wouldn't go more than $550. If I was buying 20 months or 8 months wouldn't make much difference. If it didn't go bad in 8 months it ain't going bad. Rob

Ok, thanks for the replies. I might not be able to detect (health thing) for a while, and was considering selling it.

You made my decision much easier. I will keep it. No way I'd sell a practically new MXT with a $179 added coil, for $550. And how can "the big K" sell a new MXT for $700? You mean White's allow them to sell them that cheap?

Do all metal detectors depreciate that quickly? If that's the case, then what good is it to even buy new?

Again, thanks for the replies.? I am gonna keep her. :P

Hey Steeler. Sorry to hear you are a bit down on the health side. :( I also sell the MXT in that price range. 699.95. Whites does not restrict pricing like other manufacturers. As far as depreciation goes : it is the market that does this. For example ; a consumer buys a detector to "try it out". They then want to sell it off in a month. They ask for a ridiculous price that is lower than most dealers would give as a trade in. This now sets the market since no one wants to pay more from a dealer for a used one. 550.00 seems about right if you can get it. I had a MXT last year that had 23 months left on the warranty and had trouble getting 400.00 for it. I just sold the one I had for 375.00 and had it for 3 months before someone bought it.

Thanks.

And I'll be fine. Just need time. :grin:

Anyway when I told a few people you had an MXT for $375, they couldn't get your number fast enough. 1-2 people that called you was from me. At that price, I'd think you could sell them all day long.
$400 for a practically new MXT? That just seems crazy. Does the used DFX, or for that matter all detectors, depreciate that much? Now I wish I would of just bought a used one.

Anytime you have an MXT, XLT or DFX that much below retail cost new, let me know. I belong to another website where I constantly see people wanting to purchase.

I'm sorry Steeler you're under the weather... I just bought a slightly used DFX ( used twice still under warranty for $600) Guy bought it this past March and just used it couple times...

Steeler think about the materials that go into our detectors and what that must cost... I think we all are paying way too much for our detectors... I mean look at what we pay for a hyped up garden trowel lol...

Good point Craig, but you forget about marketing, insurance, shipping, employee pay, research, etc...it's more than just the raw materials. However, they're still making a pretty good profit on those machines :shock:

Hey Steeler, sorry to read about your health condition. Hope you get well soon and are back out there detecting. MD'ing is great therapy.

I'll be fine guys, and thanks for the concerns.

I thought I'd need open heart surgery, but it seems that judgement was premature. I think they can solve my problem by inserting a stent or two in the ole ticker. SO I should be fine within days after.

And as far as the worth of the detector. It still amazes me the prices these things go for used. Why anyone would buy a new "entry level" detector, when they can pick up a top of the line detector for a little more, amazes me.

But in any case, I aint selling my MXT. :P

whats the mxt worth

hold on to it a lot of people i know have stents put in i got a jump starter in my chest and hasnt stopped me ,i wish i had an mxt best of luck jim

Glad you are going to be ok Steeler1, if you think detectors depreciate fast just look at our automobiles. Drive a new vehicle off the lot & they loose about $5,000 Steve.

If anybody knows of a DFX in the $600 range, let me know, I would definitely be interested.:yes: I keep holding off upgrading in hopes of coming across one of these deals.

PS. or a minelab explorer would be nice too!!:D

Back
Top Bottom