Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > What's the Value? > CRHing

Old 07-13-2018, 03:28 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Default A 90%er half....the hard way!!

This was an unusual week...unusual in a couple of ways.....

Here is the recount of the CRH:

Box 1 - 1 40%Ag Ken

Box 2 - 7 NIFCs and 2 Proofs

Box 3 - The first roll of box 3 KT opened displayed a brilliantly reflective solid silver edge against a background of clad copper dullness! KT had no idea what the coin might be as he had never seen such a bright lustered edge...He pealed off the dull coins to see a brilliant lustered 2002 90%Ag Proof! If no damage, then worth $16...but now due to the slight tics in circulation worth only the scrap silver price. KT took an image of the edge of this coin just to show you what He saw! Also in box 3 were 2 other proofs and 9 NIFCs.

Box 4 contained 7 40%Ag Kens, 8 NIFCs, 7 87 Kens, and 1 87 Ken Proof with circular rim damage between the letters of Liberty! Too bad it went through a couple of rough rounds in a rotating coin sorting machine.

Box 5 gave up 1 40%Ag Ken, 2 NIFCs, and 1 Au-plated counter-stamped Ken.

So the Totals are: 1 90%Ag silver proof, 9 40%Ag Kens, 26 NIFCs (but no keepers), 4 clad proofs, 7 87 Kens, 1 87S Proof, and 1 Au-plated counter-stamped Ken.

So KT did not get a Walker, Franklin or 64 Ken this week to get His 90%er, but instead went the hard route of coming up with a silver proof! At the least it is an unusual way to get a 90%er!

His Majesty hopes everyone enjoys the pics this week and leaves their comments! Just shows you can never predict what might be in rolled halves!

And yes, that silver proof was so hard to photographs that I finally had to put it on top of one of The Queen's Royal Tomatoes just to get some kind of halfway focused picture...not the best, but KT figured some would wonder what that background is!
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2018, 03:47 PM

Congrats on some nice finds KT! Those brightly shining proofs are exciting to find for sure. HH next week as well !

Old 07-13-2018, 05:45 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by jkbemdavis View post
Congrats on some nice finds KT! Those brightly shining proofs are exciting to find for sure. HH next week as well !
That silver one was particularly exciting!

Old 07-13-2018, 05:50 PM

Nice.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Old 07-13-2018, 05:52 PM
Elite Member

Nice Haul !!

See for how long you have been doing this ..the simple edge of a Coin in a roll can get your heart pumping still .. sort of makes it worth while huh !!

Congrats again !!

Old 07-13-2018, 07:08 PM
Elite Member

Congrats on those silvers KT!

Old 07-13-2018, 07:33 PM

Congrats! I just found my first 1987 and was excited. Seeing this post makes me feel like they must not be that rare.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:26 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by SoOregonMd View post
Nice Haul !!

See for how long you have been doing this ..the simple edge of a Coin in a roll can get your heart pumping still .. sort of makes it worth while huh !!

Congrats again !!
Something that brilliant is either mint fresh or right out of a wrapper!

Originally Posted by twizzlerlord View post
Congrats on those silvers KT!
Thanks Twizzlerlord! A nice number of 40%ers helped make it a nice CRH!

Originally Posted by Beyonder123 View post
Congrats! I just found my first 1987 and was excited. Seeing this post makes me feel like they must not be that rare.
KT has been hunting 5 boxes a week and he has less than 1 roll this year of 87's, yet he has several rolls of 90%ers and a lot of rolls of 40%ers, so they are definitely scarcer than silver! or Proofs! This hunt just contained someone's dump of a collector. KT is actually a bit surprised He did not get a complete roll on this CRH, because all of them were in very nice condition, probably first cycle through a counting/rolling machine!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:40 AM
Elite Member

Nice score on the silver proof and the 87's. I've been out of town and un-connected. I have some boxes to search this weekend..

Defendant: No your honor, I shot him in the ass as he jumped the fence!

Old 07-14-2018, 05:10 PM
Supporter

Silver proof, VERY hard to find, congrats!

My neighbor called the cops for me playing LED ZEPPELIN too loud...

They arrested him

Old 07-16-2018, 09:06 AM
Elite Member

Nice haul there, KT. I'm sure the lustrous edge on that proof got the royal heart pumping! Congrats

Old 07-16-2018, 09:38 AM
Supporter

Well aint THAT just Sumpthin'! Nice work your Majesty! Glad to see you are still getting a kick out of rippin' rolls! Keeps you off the street and from bothering people! We sure like to stand witness to your awesomeness!

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:44 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by pan4au View post
Nice score on the silver proof and the 87's. I've been out of town and un-connected. I have some boxes to search this weekend..
Well, welcome back and happy hunting!

Originally Posted by amc rulz View post
Silver proof, VERY hard to find, congrats!
3rd or 4th one since KT started back in 2012! So definitely scarce silver!

Originally Posted by Junkminer View post
Nice haul there, KT. I'm sure the lustrous edge on that proof got the royal heart pumping! Congrats
KT could not honestly believe what He was seeing! Had no idea what it might be, other than a near mint 90%er!

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Well aint THAT just Sumpthin'! Nice work your Majesty! Glad to see you are still getting a kick out of rippin' rolls! Keeps you off the street and from bothering people! We sure like to stand witness to your awesomeness!
Yep, Mud-puppy! KT got His Royal Rocks off on THAT one, for sure! With those kinds of coins floating around out there, KT will be a long time in getting discouraged again! And thank you for your compliment! KT is just sorry that the proof was so shiny that the Royal Camera just went nutz trying to focus on it....must have taken 6 pics of it and still did not get a really good one!