2nd silver coin for the season

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
Although Ive been doing well in the silver jewelry department this season, my silver coin count is down from this time last year. I went over to the peace dollar field the other day and scored the 1916D wheat, and the buffalo charm. Today I went to a ball field where I scored a silver Canadian dime last year, and plucked out this 1954D rosie in left field about 7" down. A few minutes later I scored the 1955D wheat about 15' away.

101_4650.jpg

101_4653.jpg

I know other people have hunted this park over the years, but I dont think that many have ventured out into the ball fields just by the amount of deep clad we have found there. I think a lot of MDers are concerned about being chased off the ball fields by the park employees, or dont think that much can be found there. Their loss, my gain! :D

Thanks for looking, and HH!

Good for you. I've been in a slump as of late. Good thing you can get to 7". Ground is getting so hard now I doubt I could dig that deep even if I got a signal.

Congrats on the silver! I'm still looking for my first of the year :laughing:

Thank you, I would figure that GA would be peppered with silver coins.

Good going with the silver and wheats.....

Thanks diggin

Excellent hunting congrats!

Thanks dwellr, there are still places that are overlooked.

Good for you. I've been in a slump as of late. Good thing you can get to 7". Ground is getting so hard now I doubt I could dig that deep even if I got a signal.

Thanks Brian, the slump will turn. They water these fields well, so the diggins easy. I went to Stewart park the other day, picked up some deep good sounding signals, but it was like trying to dig through kevlar. I just went for the shallow stuff that day. I gotta figure out which day they water which fields.

Thanks Brian, the slump will turn.

Ha !!!!!! Your always an inspiration. Decided to go back to the Racetrack even tho I've been skunked a half dozen times in the last two weeks and walked right up to a 34 merc on my first pass. ( had to chisel it out of the ground, two inches down.)

Back
Top Bottom