Compadre.

metaladdict

Elite Member
So I bought one used for a tryout.
It is kinda fun but not so deep,You guys are missing stuff.
Anyway its ok. Just fun.

They are fun for sure. Haven't had a problem with depth here but there are a lot of variables at play with depth. They seem to like gold.

Attachments

• IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 334
So I bought one used for a tryout.
It is kinda fun but not so deep,You guys are missing stuff.
Anyway its ok. Just fun.

How deep were you expecting a $160 detector (w/lifetime warranty) to be? I've dug copper pennies at the 5-6" depth which is plenty for totlots and parks.

I've had no problems digging relics and coins deeper than the coil is wide.

The disc. abilities alone make it better than units that cost a bit more, like Ace 250s.

Run it in all metal/min disc in playground areas and you will be amazed at what is hiding!

Noah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You get the 8" or 5.75?

I have two 8" Compadres. Still wish I had picked up that Sov :lol: nah... too poor!

Save it for tot lots and a backup trunk machine...

I was curious as to what you planned to do with it since you already had excellent machines. It is as basic as it gets but it is very capable of finding things that will leave you grinning like a loon and yet feeling confused.

I was curious as to what you planned to do with it since you already had excellent machines. It is as basic as it gets but it is very capable of finding things that will leave you grinning like a loon and yet feeling confused.

I've used it at several places I've hit with my ace but haven't found anything worth posting.

I've used it at several places I've hit with my ace but haven't found anything worth posting.

I can see that happening and then one day you'll pull a 14K gold ring or a small chain necklace or bracelet, pendant piece or a token or something else desirable and you will be confused as to how the hell it just did that when your view is not reflecting anything that highly of it from past experiences. That machine astounded me on more than one occasion. It was the one that got me hooked on metal detecting. Here's to wishing many finds as I have had a blast with it. :cheers:

These are fun and unusually sensitive but I think the greatest thing it can do, and the reason everyone should have one in the arsenal if only used sparingly, is what it can find close to big metal.
Swing at the right speed and it will double beep on all targets near, next to or even actually leaning on tot lot iron, bench legs or fence poles.
Triple beep if it is shallow.

This vid shows it, I should have moved that dime all the way but I assure you I could have literally leaned this dime onto and touching this post and it will still do this because I have found many coins in tot lots that were exactly that way.
Even a Canadian Looney once 4" deep in the chips.

I even swung under a thick metal step that was maybe 3" above the chips and it double beeped on a coin lying directly under the middle.
You have to experience this to believe it.
I have never replicated this using many other detectors, coils and every setting I could think of, not even close.
For the Compadre this task is effortless, a little superpower this thing possesses that is like no other detector I have ever used.

These are fun and unusually sensitive but I think the greatest thing it can do, and the reason everyone should have one in the arsenal if only used sparingly, is what it can find close to big metal.
Swing at the right speed and it will double beep on all targets near, next to or even actually leaning on tot lot iron, bench legs or fence poles.
Triple beep if it is shallow.

This vid shows it, I should have moved that dime all the way but I assure you I could have literally leaned this dime onto and touching this post and it will still do this because I have found many coins in tot lots that were exactly that way.
Even a Canadian Looney once 4" deep in the chips.

I even swung under a thick metal step that was maybe 3" above the chips and it double beeped on a coin lying directly under the middle.
You have to experience this to believe it.
I have never replicated this using many other detectors, coils and every setting I could think of, not even close.
For the Compadre this task is effortless, a little superpower this thing possesses that is like no other detector I have ever used.

That is a cool technique. I also find gold next to playground poles with my Ace 250
I hear the tone the pole makes then the gold close to it beeps either higher tone or if its the
same tone then it double beeps,similar to Compadre.My coil also is 8 inch.
Compadre does have much faster recovery.

Back
Top Bottom