1st outing with the Anfibio

Big Treble

Forum Supporter
Got out and did some solid swinging from about 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM. And the gents I hunt with don't believe in lunch LOL. so definitely a solid 8 hours of swinging.

First the construction of the unit felt very robust, and I had no concerns of the machine not holding up to anything I can put it through.

Head phones were great....but while the phones fit and felt comfortable either way, they would only stay connected when the green half moon was on the same side of my head as the arm I was swinging with. In other words when reversed, like the green half moon on my left side, and the Anfibio was on the right side of my swing, it lost connection and sound came out of the speaker. It did reconnect on the opposite of the swing and sound came back to the phones. But they were very comfortable and sounded good.

I generally run my machines hot and wide open, while I didn't Jack up the gain, I did run it in 5 Tone, with no Discrimination or Notch Discrimination. I did adjust the fe Volume in this machine I remember it as zone volume. It was worth it's weight I gold, as I was in a trashy fairgrounds.

While it's still early with this machine, I can tell it's brutally fast. And definitely better balanced than my CTX, swinging it all day didn't bother my 50 year old battered shoulder.

Depth meter sucked, while it is switched over to inches everything, everything showed at least 5 inches. Even the double beeps just under the soil showed 5 inches. Never got a reading shallower than that.

Running hot I did hear a lot of faint 2 way high tones signals that did not register any VDI, I dug a couple just bits of deep nail. So I passed on the rest of those. Iron didn't false too bad really, most I figured out prior to digging as they rang up in the upper 90's (in the wrap zone) and registered as iron at 90 degrees. I swung over a spot where i believe a out building was burnt and most iron indicated iron right away. What suprised me is i did find a couple shallow coins in this trash, where iron normily make most machines sound like a machine gun.

Good news is the coins hit hard and were not iffy. They were rock solid in the trash and at 90 degrees. Downside is some older ring pulls would show up in the penny range in the 70's

Hopefully I can update more prior to my ground totally locking up.

I ran mine for a very short bit on Sunday and had no issues with phones other then the volume and I did bump it up to max but I was bundled up pretty good and near a interstate. Speed...rock solid and depth meter bout the same as you but I would love to swing this in some cleaner ground. I ran 3-5 tones and I think 3 tone is the ticket and check targets in 14 and 20k or drop gain. Most vids I’ve seen were in cleaner ground then where I was. I might even drop first bin iron to zero volume. Between you and I will master this ...promise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got out and did some solid swinging from about 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM. And the gents I hunt with don't believe in lunch LOL. so definitely a solid 8 hours of swinging.

First the construction of the unit felt very robust, and I had no concerns of the machine not holding up to anything I can put it through.

Head phones were great....but while the phones fit and felt comfortable either way, they would only stay connected when the green half moon was on the same side of my head as the arm I was swinging with. In other words when reversed, like the green half moon on my left side, and the Anfibio was on the right side of my swing, it lost connection and sound came out of the speaker. It did reconnect on the opposite of the swing and sound came back to the phones. But they were very comfortable and sounded good.

I generally run my machines hot and wide open, while I didn't Jack up the gain, I did run it in 5 Tone, with no Discrimination or Notch Discrimination. I did adjust the fe Volume in this machine I remember it as zone volume. It was worth it's weight I gold, as I was in a trashy fairgrounds.

While it's still early with this machine, I can tell it's brutally fast. And definitely better balanced than my CTX, swinging it all day didn't bother my 50 year old battered shoulder.

Depth meter sucked, while it is switched over to inches everything, everything showed at least 5 inches. Even the double beeps just under the soil showed 5 inches. Never got a reading shallower than that.

Running hot I did hear a lot of faint 2 way high tones signals that did not register any VDI, I dug a couple just bits of deep nail. So I passed on the rest of those. Iron didn't false too bad really, most I figured out prior to digging as they rang up in the upper 90's (in the wrap zone) and registered as iron at 90 degrees. I swung over a spot where i believe a out building was burnt and most iron indicated iron right away. What suprised me is i did find a couple shallow coins in this trash, where iron normily make most machines sound like a machine gun.

Good news is the coins hit hard and were not iffy. They were rock solid in the trash and at 90 degrees. Downside is some older ring pulls would show up in the penny range in the 70's

Hopefully I can update more prior to my ground totally locking up.

I’ll try and see if Imswitch sides with phones if I experience what you experienced.

Ok Big Treble.
Checked my unit for holding headphone synch with detector.

I could walk wearing headphones 90 ft away. Then synching was interrupted.
Walking back toward detector, just a few steps synching was good.
Based on my testing (unless something interferes) looks like 50 ft and closer I get good solid lock up between headphones and detector.
Testing done almost under power lines too. Near house with satellite dish, etc. and near vehicle with electronic ignition (vehicle ignition off).

I tried to duplicate what you explained. No cigar.

Last edited:
I ran mine for a very short bit on Sunday and had no issues with phones other then the volume and I did bump it up to max but I was bundled up pretty good and near a interstate. Speed...rock solid and depth meter bout the same as you but I would love to swing this in some cleaner ground. I ran 3-5 tones and I think 3 tone is the ticket and check targets in 14 and 20k or drop gain. Most vids I’ve seen were in cleaner ground then where I was. I might even drop first bin iron to zero volume. Between you and I will master this ...promise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master, lol you exp3ct much of me.

Ok Big Treble.
Checked my unit for holding headphone synch with detector.

I could walk wearing headphones 90 ft away. Then synching was interrupted.
Walking back toward detector, just a few steps synching was good.
Based on my testing (unless something interferes) looks like 50 ft and closer I get good solid lock up between headphones and detector.
Testing done almost under power lines too. Near house with satellite dish, etc. and near vehicle with electronic ignition (vehicle ignition off).

I tried to duplicate what you explained. No cigar.

Good to know, I actually didn't bring the instructions for the headphones, so when I tried other channels, it didn't work, but I know that would have been user error on my point!

Master, lol you exp3ct much of me.

Good to know, I actually didn't bring the instructions for the headphones, so when I tried other channels, it didn't work, but I know that would have been user error on my point!

Maybe you get it figured out.

Back
Top Bottom