Minelab gold monster 1000 question

edword

I recently bought a used one off ebay because the deal was too good to pass up. I have taken it out twice no gold. My question is I notice when I run my hand under the coil it beeps going both ways. I am wondering is this thing wacky or have others noticed this with theirs. It does sound off about louder when you actually have something in your hand but will beep every time with a empty hand. I checked the coil cable and even changed to the other coil same thing . Thanks for any info

Update

Talked to a friend who has one and he says his does the same thing has to use just scoop to check his diggings or else it goes off on his hand. Weird. oh well after 13 hrs of use now I'm convinced they should have called it the lead monster 1000.

The Gold Monster is a great gold machine but will find lead when it’s under the coil. The trick, obviously, is finding an area to put gold under the coil! In my use, I also have to use a scoop most of the time or back off the sensitivity some to avoid the falsing of my hand. When ground balanced properly, I am able to use my hand when separating material while recovering a target.

It will find gold, no question about that. Finding an area that has gold is the challenge!

Gold is definitely a different game

I have been coin detecting for a while now. But trying to find a nugget is going to take me a while I think. The area I've been hunting definitely holds gold but it doesn't just jump out of the ground for you.

I have been coin detecting for a while now. But trying to find a nugget is going to take me a while I think. The area I've been hunting definitely holds gold but it doesn't just jump out of the ground for you.

Gold nugget detecting is probably one of the most challenging things there is to do with a metal detector, and yes you will dig buckets full of Lead,Brass,aluminum, copper, aluminum foil, nickels and a whole array of other items that ring up in the gold range, including all clad coins, if you do not believe me take a nickel,dime, quarter, and a penny and run them across the coil on your GM 1000 and watch the the gold chance meter, I also own the GM1000 its a fantastic detector for gold nugget detecting but it has no TIDs to even give you a hint that it could be something other then ferrous or non ferrous, the gold chance meter is not even reliable because if it shows just 1 or 2 bars on the ferrous side you better be willing to dig it or you could potentially miss a small piece of gold.

Back
Top Bottom