Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Freshwater Shark

I did everything most the time. I get sick of bullets and shot gun head stamps and sometimes pass them up. However as I am the only one hunting in the areas I can always go back and dig up the rest of them another time. I know I pass up gold. However, nobody else will get it.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Elite Member

Dug everything for a couple of months at my local park and had pounds of trash. One day it clicked and I started listening to my detector. It can say a lot about a target. Since then I have found many more worth while targets. An occasional bottle cap or pull tab comes up. I'll still dig the ify targets.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by sandgroper View post
When I'm at the beach, then mostly yes, in parks I cherry pick. It'd take forever to dig everything in a park

And what the hell is canslaw doing on a beach??
I don't know what it's doing there but it all over most of the beaches I hunt. There are also entire aluminum cans a foot or more down that sound good.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:20 PM

I dig as much as possible but I don't dig iron because there is just too much of it. I dig anything repeatable most of the time unless I can tell it is a can or I just get too tired. A lot of the older coins I find here show up between 40-60 on the ATP. Also I don't want to miss any gold rings.

There are some parks that just have too many pulltabs to dig so it is impossible to dig everything but I dig as much as possible each time I go and I have found some gold rings at those places.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:49 AM
Elite Member

Seeing someone digging it all or with a PI.........just makes my day. The more trash you get out of my way the less i have to deal with. I especially like the shallow bottle cap diggers. I hunt in PP mod/reverse disc so i hear most targets...... then its a matter of being sure its iron. I chuckle every time i hit one of those bottle caps or a bobbie pin i dont have to dig. With age comes wisdom....... and a bad back.

D. Meeker