New Xterra 705 On Its Way

kireta

Forum Supporter
Well, like most of us that stay in this great hobby long enough, I think we can admit (when funds allow) or the wife agrees :laughing: we try out different machines for types of hunting or the area we live or just for the sheer fun of it. I have owned two silver Umax (I had to get another) the machine simply never lets me down. A T2, another great unit. A whites V3I that was fantastic and I found my seated half with it. Next up the Minelab 705. I cant speak personally about it, but the threads I have read and some great advice from forum members that own the machine and have enjoyed the machine, and made fantastic finds. No matter the price of the machine I have made fantastic finds with the cheapest machines on the market. One a ten dollar Bounty hunter yard sale special. Cold weather coming fast, and I really want to give her a good run at a yard a half a block down an elderly couple own That is crazy cool with local history finds and jewelry and silver. One find, an American dog tag from Germany that is getting me an article in the paper. Wish me luck.:cool:

Congrats on the new endeavor!
You'll like it. :yes:

If you haven't already, be sure to download Randy's free e-book. Nothing will help cut the learning curve any faster.

The 705 is a great machine. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of mine but thought I had to have an Etrac. Should have just kept it. It's lightweight and has good depth.

Your going to like it! I have three minelabs and the 705 is the one I grab and run out the door with every time. I am thinking of getting rid of it because of that! Best of luck to ya! HH

The 705 finds me loads of coins during the summer season on the beach. absolute coin hoover, and the occasional Gold too.
Use very high tone headphones with it , they give better sounds .
I use Gray Ghosts at max.

I use it all the time. works great in trashy places but also able to work it in tight brushy places too that guys with bigger coils can't get into ... :cool:

I started with the stock 7.5 kHz conc. coil but soon changed to the same one but 3 kHz ... found a little more stuff but when I got the 6" digger I found even more stuff that I had been over 50 times ... I have hit my backyard with 2 different Bounty Hunter machines then got the 705 and pulled out a few cool items ... when over it with the little coil and found a miners badge, Merc, intact crotal bell and some more wheats and it is a tiny lot. my back yard is full of old rusty nails and junk and it really lets me find those goodies in between the junk.

Back
Top Bottom