I will NEVER complain again!

Chipk

Elite Member
I will never complain about digging bottle caps nor pull tabs ever again.

Apparently I have thrown away a small fortune. And so have you.

On eBay you can buy or sell ANYTHING! Including trash.

On a whim I did a couple of searches today and these are listed now.

If you are in the market for any of these items, please call me first and I will make you a heckuva deal.

Like PT Barnum said, “There’s a sucker born every minute!”

Attachments

• 4744ED2B-39D7-43AC-A433-E9A6D5D3BFBB.jpg
    4744ED2B-39D7-43AC-A433-E9A6D5D3BFBB.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 343
  • 8C74F07B-1909-45EF-B5FA-B0F34EB0C843.jpg
    8C74F07B-1909-45EF-B5FA-B0F34EB0C843.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 335
  • E8A47D45-4F5B-4E2D-9943-D601765E3D24.jpg
    E8A47D45-4F5B-4E2D-9943-D601765E3D24.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 326
Wow, and what amazes me is that people actually buy this kind of junk. Earlier this year in July, single use plastic bags got banned in Western Australia. And now there are people selling their old plastic bags on eBay for ridiculous prices, labelling them as 'vintage' and 'hard to come by'. :lol:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-09-18 21.22.02.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-09-18 21.22.02.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 295
I think my pull tabs and bottle caps would be worth a lot more because they still have their natural patina.

Why on earth would anyone buy those? I can't fathom that level of ridiculousness

A fool and his money are soon parted. Or as Barnum said "A sucker is born every day". I think the frequency has greatly increased since he said that.

In all seriousness, I think there is a market for them in the arts and craft world. You can actually make some pretty interesting things with them, especially the colored pulltabs and more interestingly designed bottle caps. The people that are selling them, if they are selling them, are literally getting them for free.

In all seriousness, I think there is a market for them in the arts and craft world. You can actually make some pretty interesting things with them, especially the colored pulltabs and more interestingly designed bottle caps. The people that are selling them, if they are selling them, are literally getting them for free.

I need to dig more pull tabs I’ve yet to get a colored one.

I need to dig more pull tabs I’ve yet to get a colored one.

I have dug a red one , a blue one and a few gold colored ones and I didn't find it any more exciting than the regular ones . :lol: As a matter of fact the first gold one kind of ticked me off , because when I first saw the edge I thought I had found a thin , gold ring . Frankly , I think it's another plan by
" The Man" to keep us down ! DETECTORISTS OF THE WORLD UNITE! :okpeople:

Well also, don't forget, that the classic round tab (the type with the beaver tail) is now just a tad over 50 yrs. old (invented in the mid 1960s). That .... according to arpa, would qualify it as an "artifact", by definition. Ie.: archaeologically significant, that can't be disturbed. So I guess we can start selling them an "vintage" now.

But ... naturally .... you'll have to fib and claim you found them on private land with permission. Instead of (gasp) state or federal land. Eh ? :laughing:

I have dug a red one , a blue one and a few gold colored ones and I didn't find it any more exciting than the regular ones . :lol: As a matter of fact the first gold one kind of ticked me off , because when I first saw the edge I thought I had found a thin , gold ring . Frankly , I think it's another plan by
" The Man" to keep us down ! DETECTORISTS OF THE WORLD UNITE! :okpeople:

I've dug quite a few gold coloured ones, and I'm always disappointed when I find out it's not a gold ring. Gets me every time...

Well also, don't forget, that the classic round tab (the type with the beaver tail) is now just a tad over 50 yrs. old (invented in the mid 1960s). That .... according to arpa, would qualify it as an "artifact", by definition. Ie.: archaeologically significant, that can't be disturbed. So I guess we can start selling them an "vintage" now.

But ... naturally .... you'll have to fib and claim you found them on private land with permission. Instead of (gasp) state or federal land. Eh ? :laughing:

Perhaps we should send them to the local archeologist

Back
Top Bottom