Found my first fidget spinner

Straylight

And my oldest coin yet, a 1934 wheat penny, both in a tot lot. Oddly, the penny was just below the surface.

MVIMG_20180327_215909.jpg

Cool! Thats a nice Spinner there..probably can sell it for $10? Tell you what about them Totters, they certainly have some potential and should not be discounted!, kids are our best friends, they get into old G'pas coins all the time!...I found my oldest key date Indian penny in one! I remember a few years ago about a post...A guy found his first Morgan Silver Dollar in one! Whats not to love about that!

Congratulations! Keep working that one! No telling what else that kid will steal from poor old G'pa and lose next! :laughing:

Congrats on the wheat. I've dug a few in tot lots that were shallow too. As for the "fidget spinner" you may start finding a lot more of them. I think the fad is over. The local Walmart here had a batch of them in the aisle with the discontinued stuff, trying to sell them for a buck apiece.

Did you find any clad to go with your spinner? A little Clad is about all I ever find in the tot lot around here.

Ray

Those things are wonderful for woodworkers, or tin whackers. Where else you gonna find good little bearings to make yard wind spinners out of. Perfect size and they are sealed to boot.;);):lol:

My kids have a couple of the cheap spinners, used them constantly for about a week and now I haven't seen them for months. Anyway, nice finds! Once the ground thaws a bit more I'm going to hit up some parks and playgrounds to see what I can turn up.

Thanks. It's a nice hefty spinner. When I brushed away the bark it was laying flat and I thought I'd uncovered a sprinkler valve or something. The only other coins I found in the lot were a penny and a dime. I'm getting more confident digging in the grass area of the park though, and found a 1937 wheat.

Back
Top Bottom