You Never Forget Your First

1916 barber dime i believe. I know it was a barber dime for sure. I found 2 of them in back to back hunts so I am not positive on date. I remember exactly where I found it also!

Edit: that was first silver coin. I don't remember the first coin in general although it was in my yard and most likely a penny lol.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I can't remember my first coin, probably was some penny. First good coin was a merc dime 20 feet from my house.

first silver

Mine was a 1940 Washington quarter, behind a little 2 pump gas station long abandoned, had about a 400 square foot area to search... using my old Garrett GTX350, I remember how crisp the "ding" was, and when it said quarter I remember thinking to myself this is a silver quarter...and bam! it sure was, 4" down.

Still have yet to find a silver coin but i’m sure I will remember it.

First real target dug was a silver ring for a local junior high school. It was about 9-10 inches down. Will never forget that!

I honestly do not remember. I started detecting by hitting my front yard. Over the next few days i removed 4 dollars out of it. Of course it was all modern coins. First find may very well have been a penny

My first coin was a 1979 quarter in my front yard. I still have it.

My first "good" coin was a buffalo nickel. I sent it to Swing4theRing in the last Christmas gift exchange.

The first coin I uncovered was a 1975 D Lincoln, found in my front yard. Nothing special, but I kept it because it was my first. :) Even more memorable for me was finding my first "special" coin: a 1957 D wheatie.

Cool thread idea. :waytogo:

My first silver coin was a 1950-D quarter that was in excellent shape. I have since found close to 70 silver coins. I'm sorry you haven't found any since your first but keep working at it. They will come.
My first coin was a penny that was found on the beach in March 2011 with my old Prizm 6T.

Last edited:
The first coin I remember digging with a detector, and certainly my first silver; was a 1964 Washington Quarter. I was running an old Tesoro, I found it at a house I was building a Deck onto.

My first coin was probably a zinc penny, but my first silver coin came at 2 weeks into the hobby. It was an 1857 seated liberty dime at the base of a large oak. And I found it with an ACE 150 to boot.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Mine was a zinc penny! Down at a dirty gravel boatramp...The most valuable coin I've ever found! It changed my Life!

9yrs ago when I got into this Sport, I was at Deaths door, figured I'd be dead by Christmas and was actually looking forward to it! Had a high level stressful job, International travel, go-go-go.. could not shut off my mind, even my dreams were about working....I knew I was gonna die at my desk under florescent lights, or on an airplane in coach...I didnt care...

The Wife told me I better find some sort of outlet besides alcohol, we were parked down at the beach watching the Sunset, and here comes an old guy tottering up out of the water to the parking lot with a CZ20, and I said to the Wife, "You know what?" "I bet I'd be pretty good at that!" So we jumped out of the car and struck up a conversation...Well, the guy took the time to share his experiences afield, then told me where the nearest Dealer was, and even what to buy...I didnt know nothing! So the very next morning, me and the Wife drove down to Al's shop in Plainwell and bought my F70....

The old beach guy and I stayed in contact and even went on some hunts together...He was a great encouragement and gave me the best advice I ever got...said, "If you wanna get really good, really fast, go dig 1000 pulltabs and 1000 pennies with nothing but a screwdriver!" "See if you can do this in a Month!" So I did as commanded, during this mission, I got my first gold class ring, (and experienced my first track down and return) learned a whole lot about tones and dirt and drop zones and all...really a great foundation to build off of...

So yeah, I remember my first coin..a dirty rotten zinc penny, picked out of the hardpack boatramp gravel with a screwdriver...it set me on a course of strength and health and the wonderment of being outdoors with a purpose...I'm in the best shape of my Life, my dreams are sweet ones about treasure! My Wife is overjoyed with the Jewelry! And I look forward to every single day behind the coil!!.. :laughing:

Take the time to share when somebody asks about our Sport, encourage and help new Members, theres a lot of pennies out there, and some of them are worth more than others..Ya just never know...

Attachments

• sept 1314-1.jpg
    sept 1314-1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom