Finally found it!!! Maps baby!!!

planerie

Elite Member
Yes Yes Yes after a year or so of seaching the web and local libraries I finally found the maps I have been looking for. The earliest maps I can find for this area are from 1939 but show tons and tons of homes that werent there in the 1970's map. Here is the link to the site all you do is search the town then when you click on the map it will ask you to open or save the PDF file. It will allow you to zoom in and also print sections of the map that you want.

(removed broken link-Carol K)

Hope this is helpful to you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
AWESOME!!!! Thank you so so much! :D Earliest for my city is 1964, but I'm about fifteen feet from the border of another that I haven't checked yet. So cool! ^_^

Checked the other city. There was an 1894 map, but that one was only for elevation... However, according to the 1972 one for the area, there's a defunct road right by my house that used to have three buildings on it. Yay!

Does anyone know the difference between black, white, and pink squares?

How do you search your town? Because I put my town in search and it says no results, am I doing something wrong?

I even typed in Ohio, it said no results, I must be doing something wrong

Thought everyone already used this??

Been using the usgs maps for a while now and the white squares are houses that are still standing at that time but not in use. The black are the ones that are still habitable or used. Try putting your county in if it shows nothing for your town.

Been using the usgs maps for a while now and the white squares are houses that are still standing at that time but not in use. The black are the ones that are still habitable or used. Try putting your county in if it shows nothing for your town.

Have you tried these yet for Kansas, the towns are in alphabetical order.. I'm sure you've ran across the link at one time or another... :grin:

http://luna.ku.edu:8180/luna/servle...&sort=Identifier,Area,Citation,Classification

Also check your state library digital archives for ariel survey maps!! Connecticut did 2 surveys, one in 1934 and one in 1965! I'm sure other states have done the same!!!
HH!!
Justin

If anyone finds older maps for the McKinney, Texas area, please PM me with an exact link exhibiting the map, even a sample. I want pre 1900 maps. So far, most I have discovered is about 1960 or so. All these great maps threads are appreciated, but I kind of figure those places cater to the eastern and wester coastal regions.

www.historicmapworks.com seems ta have much older maps for my area, if i'm only lookin back to the 40's or 50's i'll use www.historicaerials.com, plus the overlay feature is great

Like I stated this is a site that has maps of my area. All the sites you guys have been using do not have anything for my area so it is very frustrating. This is exactly what I was looking for. I do with there were some older maps but hey its better than no maps at all.

If anyone finds older maps for the McKinney, Texas area, please PM me with an exact link exhibiting the map, even a sample. I want pre 1900 maps. So far, most I have discovered is about 1960 or so. All these great maps threads are appreciated, but I kind of figure those places cater to the eastern and wester coastal regions.

Hope this helps you out, McKinney Texas is about half way down the list & looks like the maps date from 1885 up to 1920... :grin:
I'll see if I can locate some county plat maps too..

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/sanborn/m.html

AWESOME!!!! Thank you so so much! :D Earliest for my city is 1964, but I'm about fifteen feet from the border of another that I haven't checked yet. So cool! ^_^

Checked the other city. There was an 1894 map, but that one was only for elevation... However, according to the 1972 one for the area, there's a defunct road right by my house that used to have three buildings on it. Yay!

Does anyone know the difference between black, white, and pink squares?

generally speaking, black is a home or business and white is an outbuilding (usually a barn)

no clue on pink.

Id love to find some of McFarland, Wi that are zoomable or OLD IE 1900 or so but cant find anything except Madison and those dont go out far enough to the SE.

Back
Top Bottom