Former store site, now dirt lot

mhallack

Elite Member
Just a couple of blocks from me is a small dirt lot where a store used to stand. The store itself built around 1920 or so, torn down after 1999. Almost all of the dirt part is where the building was. Not sure if the foundation or basement is still underneath. I am just wondering if I should even bother doing an extensive search of it (I did a quick hunt, found an old window handle some scrap iron/steel) Cause i'm thinking that if the foundation/basement was torn up and out and fill from elsewhere was put in. The land is next door to a business that just closed up, so I think there may not be a permission issue. (Rockland is good with MDing)

Other than a few oddball relics, should I even bother here?

Heck yeah. 1920's probably a major hangout spot in town, no air conditioning, so outside. The area surrounding the building should have some good stuff.

I had found a video done in 1999 briefly showing the building before it was torn down. It had no grassy area, cars had to park on the street. I was going to post the video here, but it's on someone else's facebook page and don't know how to get it posted here.

I still have a couple of days off, may try again soon.

Back
Top Bottom