Anyone know what this is??

dogbit

Elite Member
Right about the middle of this pic is a something...and whatever it is it's not there nowadays. I'm not sure if it was a building, although it would have been huge, or some type of playing field, but what sport uses a field like that? Any ideas?

Attachments

• huh.jpg
    huh.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 579
Looks like there are 4 smaller fields. If you enlarge the pic it's possible to see some sort of patterns in each of those 4 squares. Each has center dot and some faint border? lines.

Voriax

It is Area 52 the sister place to the famous Area 51. Appears to be a helipad to me. But then I have been known to be wrong it the is the cross area you are looking at.

North of the cross roads at mid point to the west, the building with a cross on it Mike if I getting it right.

Nows the time to start asking the old timers. If its 30-40's, then there is someone still around that would know.

NebTrac

With the proximity to the lake/river to the left and what looks like a small feeder creek running past this object of concern. I'd have to agree with water treatment/holding ponds. Maybe an old fish hatchery or something of that sort. The "Dots" in the middle might be pumps like you see nowadays keeping the water moving or aerated. Notice the three rectangular ones on the top and bottom of this. Smaller ponds for smaller fish or lighter sediment? Contact a local historian. Maybe they will know. Maybe your state DNR will know if you show that pic to them. Give them the GPS cordinates and see what they say.

?

At first I thought tennis courts but it is way too large for that compared to the roads. Look at the eight rectangle structures around it, could almost be buildings of some sort maybe like barracks? The water treatment idea seems plausable also because of the bumps in the center of the squares. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom