Am I Crazy ?

bubbaron

Forum Supporter
I decided to put my name on a list for a Nox 800. I do like my 600 but I can't refine the settings the way I would like. If I am lucky enough to get one fairly soon, I will put the 600 up for sale. What does everyone think, am I crazy ?
Bubbaron

The 600 is new enough that you should be able to get a good price for it... I'd do the same if I wanted the extra bells and whistles and didn't have them. It's not like a car where you'd be out thousands of dollars.

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker

I think I would have been very happy with the 600 but I decided to get the top of the line so I wouldn't have to regret it.

I don't think you're crazy at all . If you want the extra capabilities of the 800 and can afford it why not . I might look to do the same in a while but I think I'll keep my 600 for a backup .

There is a video on the internet for a nice set-up for coin searching. This is what I am mainly interested in as I do not do water or sand, I am a dirt digger.
There are some things on this video that only the NOX 800 can do. I want my set-up for only 5 segments and 5 tones that can be adjusted to my liking. These things are only available with the Nox 800. I do like the 600 but I do not want 50 tones. Maybe when I get to know the machine better I will change but for right now I want to make it simple without all the many signals.
I hunted with an AT Pro for some time and I do know that machine very well. I just want simpler settings until I am comfortable with the machine. The little I have used my 600 , I do like the machine but not wanting 50 tones to start and more refined signals from gold to coin range.

There's a way to upgrade your 600 to an 800 I believe... That may be worth looking into... The difference IMO was so little I didnt mind buying the 600. Plus the I want it now factor :laughing:

Thought about this several time's, similar in thought , i have a 800, should i get a 600 to, than i said maybe another 800, i said one is enough as when the accessories finally get out, by the time you get them all , i will put that thinking money to accessories instead . :lol: PS Nox crazy comes with the package howboutit :lol:

You seem like you want the 800 so do it. What matters most is what you want or feel. So sell the 600 and take a $100 loss or so.

An old Chinese proverb...."The best time to plant a tree is---was 20 years ago when you thought about it."

Video On Utube

The set-up video is on Utube by Dirt Digging and it's called Equinox 800
Setting up for coin hunting. This is exactly the set-up I want to use to start but it requires a NOX 800 because some of the refinements are only available on the 800.

"The little I have used my 600 , I do like the machine but not wanting 50 tones to start and more refined signals from gold to coin range."
I have both the 600 and 800
You can set the 600 to 5 tones just like the 800

I would prefer the 800 , though the 600 gives me what I need. If you feel you need more then get the 800. We are all crazy.

Get to know your 600 first , you might find you dont necessarily want the 800 afterall.

Please watch the video I talked about and you will see that with the 600 I can not set up the detector for 5 zones like he did on the video. I want the first zone from 0-10 ,iron, next zone 0-11 Alum, next zone 12-13, nickels, next zone 14-18 zincs and IH pennies and the last zone 19 & up . I also want to change the tone sounds. 50 is way too much, I only want 5. The 600 can't do this, only the 800 Watch his video and you will understand.

Back
Top Bottom