• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Jesse James

scotrod

seen a show on history channel called jesse James hidden treasure they were using garret and i think whites machines and found silver and gold coins believed to be buried by Jesse and gang if you get the chance check it out:cool:

I saw

I saw the show. It was really neat.
I wish I could find a gold bar like that one day. Not to mention the jar of Morgan's and Gold coins......
Happy Hunting Everyone.

It's pretty easy to find something you planted the year before. I forget the host's name of that show but if you google him and look at his past... pretty out there... But I will say, it was better to watch than 99.9% of other programming.

There is a book called "Confederate Gold" that says that Jesse James and other former Confederates hid millions of dollars in Gold all over the country, even the Superstition Mtns. in AZ. According to the book they did this so they could financially support another civil war.
The book makes for good reading, but I am not convinced.

I remember it also - in fact there are a few threads on it somewhere when it first aired. I DVR'ed it, went straight to the end and saw the cliffhanger part and just erased it without watching it. IIRC, they dug up a mason jar but the lid had no rust on it?

I saw that. It ended as a cliffhanger if I remember correctly.
I think it was something like: "Yah we see a bunch of chests of gold under this hill with our GPR but the backhoe can't get to it so I guess we will just wait til next year".

Were waiting...

that was a good show saw it last year, and yes they did do a second show of it where they went back with a backhoe and dug up the metal box they found in the hill side that was part of jesse james loot

that was a good show saw it last year, and yes they did do a second show of it where they went back with a backhoe and dug up the metal box they found in the hill side that was part of jesse james loot

There was no part 2 done of this show.

I remember the part one... like they would just leave a chest of gold (or so they believed) for lack of a backhoe..... ridiculous. RickO

a little elbow grease with the 5 or 6 people there and a shovel is not only cheaper, but gets the job done too. LOL it was so bogus

I don't think it was much to do with Jesse James.

But, think about the reality,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The government recalled all gold owned by civilians.

No telling how many folks burred their gold to hide it.

Next thing you know, they get called to serve their country.

Many of them were afraid to tell anyone where they put it.

They died in the war.

I am sure that most of it has been recovered.

But, I am just as sure that there is a bunch of the stuff still out there.

Just think of all the gold stashes still sitting in the ground,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tabdog, I would say you are right on.

People just didn't have banks to run to on every corner, if there was one close enough it was privatly held and not insured. Banking crisis is not a new thing.

Imagine going off to the civil war or just being around then. You don't know who is going to be running the country or who might be pilaging your bank. I know I would not trust a bank or paper money during such times.

Back
Top Bottom