Gold Or Not? It is 10K! Yippie

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
Lets play "Tilton's Gold Or Not" game. His finds are famous for the crust. I just got back from a 2 hour hunt on the same beach I dug my last gold. It too was a crusty band. The beach is poor but there was a small runnel that held some targets that was about 25 feet by 7 feet wide. I dug this ring and 2 junk rings along with a small silver earring. No clad today at all.

So, I can't see marks under some of the green. I am going to tumble it in my jewelers mix and see what comes out. I am pretty sure I know what it is but I am not sure.

I will re-post photos along with the results. SO, gold or not? The bottom left photo sure looks brass. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_0492.JPG
    IMG_0492.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
Based on the bend in the bottom of the band....GOLD.

I like your location...Florida spelled backwards. When I go to Tulsa football and basketball games I get a big kick out of the flags the cheerleaders run around the stadium. Running one way it spells T U L S A When they make the turn to the other side of the field it is A S L U T.:laughing:

Its gold... I have found quite a few like that...

I know..... just wanted to have some fun.... BUT if he doesn't stop tumbling it, he will have to pan his media to pick up the gold he lost in the tumbling process! :laughing:

Cliff

It is marked 10K inside and it is 5.1 grams. It broke in the tumbler and I could never get all the green off it. So, it will go to ARA soon. Glad it was not brass. :D

Way to go Greg.. I figured 10k, I have found some green like that too.

Cliff

Back
Top Bottom