DaytonDave

I am new to this site and new to the hobby. Am sure I will learn a lot from you folks. Recently got a (new to me) Garrett AT Pro with several coils. We travel in an RV and plan to use it at various locations as a fun hobby. What piqued my interest was watching the Oak Island mystery show - can't believe I have been watching for 4 years, still waiting for them to find something, lol. But, I saw what they were using and got the same detector. Looking forward to reading and learning here! ;)

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

This video I found online can help you learn more how to use it, this is part 1 of a 4 part series they made, after part 1 you should see where you can click for part 2 and so on -

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina. That Oak Island thing is just a "Reality" show that has nothing to do with Reality. Those shows are popular, Very cheap to make and they make big money with them. Detecting is a fun hobby but keep in mind that we dig about as much trash as we do treasure. Once you learn what that Machine is telling you the ratio of trash to treasure will improve. Good luck and have fun.

... - can't believe I have been watching for 4 years, still waiting for them to find something...

Welcome from CA.

You can't believe they haven't found anything in 4 yrs ? I could have told you that before the show even started. That it is nothing but telephone game ghost story legend gone awry. Utterly no treasure. Just a bunch of Hollywood cliffhanger silly-ness.

(Oh .... wait ... no .... : It's a little more to the left. A little more to the right. A little deeper, blah blah :laughing: )

Welcome from CA.

You can't believe they haven't found anything in 4 yrs ? I could have told you that before the show even started. That it is nothing but telephone game ghost story legend gone awry. Utterly no treasure. Just a bunch of Hollywood cliffhanger silly-ness.

(Oh .... wait ... no .... : It's a little more to the left. A little more to the right. A little deeper, blah blah :laughing: )
Tom , maybe they haven't found anything is because they are using the wrong detector ? Lol...

Tom , maybe they haven't found anything is because they are using the wrong detector ? Lol...

THAT'S THE TICKET ! It's never that "there isn't a treasure there". Right ? :roll: It's always/only that: The equipment (detector, etc...) "isn't strong/deep enough". Or ... a little more to the right . Or ... a little more to the left. Or ... a little deeper. Right ? :roll:

Durned the templars and freemasons for putting all those decoy clues out, and burying their treasures so deep ! :laughing:

If I'm not mistaken, they even had a guest appearance on that show, on at least one episode, from the yahoo joker who also is behind the entire Dents Run nonsense. Right ? Gee, anyone who "rattles enough chains" saying he "has the secret", can get a spot on the show ? :shrug:

Thanks for all the kind welcomes ;)

Thanks to all for the kind welcomes and advice from all over the country. Seems that this really is the "Friendly" Metal Detecting Forum. ;)

I know there is a lot of hype on the Oak Island show, but I enjoy it as entertainment. With all the holes they drill, and the explosives they use, it makes me wonder what they might be destroying in the process, lol.

Thanks again to all.

THAT'S THE TICKET ! It's never that "there isn't a treasure there". Right ? :roll: It's always/only that: The equipment (detector, etc...) "isn't strong/deep enough". Or ... a little more to the right . Or ... a little more to the left. Or ... a little deeper. Right ? :roll:

Durned the templars and freemasons for putting all those decoy clues out, and burying their treasures so deep ! :laughing:

If I'm not mistaken, they even had a guest appearance on that show, on at least one episode, from the yahoo joker who also is behind the entire Dents Run nonsense. Right ? Gee, anyone who "rattles enough chains" saying he "has the secret", can get a spot on the show ? :shrug:
What's even more funny is when they are all sitting around the table. There smirks and eyebrows , apprehension ! Sometimes they can't even keep a straight face. Even THEY know it's a scam. But , gotta keep that gravy train rolling ! I watched the 1st season and a half. I thought well maybe they have something here. NOT ! I don't know where they are at now , but I'm sure they have just dug themselves a deeper hole....

.... it makes me wonder what they might be destroying in the process,.....

Nothing but virgin terra firma ground down there.

Hey, if I walk 1/4 mile radius of my house, I too can find scores of "suspicious marker clues" and scores of "historical travelers who passed my area of CA" that had "reason to bury treasures".

I can find "suspicious depression in the ground", and "curious triange or rectangle markers" (the paver stones and fence planks), and get reports of "mysterious lights in the night" (a passing car in 1940), "strange noises" (the dog that farted) blah blah blah

Back
Top Bottom