Last 2 Hunts (Gold & Silver)

Joshc214

We've been super sanded in the past few weeks... conditions seem to have progressively gotten worse. Today I spent a couple hours trying to find a single signal out deep without any luck. It seems the only areas worth hunting are right up against the shoreline, but even then I mostly just found pull tabs.

Somehow I still managed to pull 2 golds and a silver onyx ring with a gold inlay over my last 2 hunts. The silver ring was today, it was literally my first signal, after that it was all pull tabs and bottle caps.

The gold ring and earring were found on my previous hunt last week, both in the same area within 20ft of each other. Both items sounded more like foil than anything because of how small they were... that's also probably the only reason I was able to find them, any heavier and they would've been out of reach.

Both gold finds are marked 14k. The silver and gold onyx signet ring is unmarked, but it did come out of the water with the classic silver patina and the gold was untarnished, so I'm assuming it's 14k+. Not sure why it's unmarked, maybe it was a custom job.

With these last few finds I've now passed 8 ounces in gold for the year :) A half pound!!! Woot woot :D Maybe next year, if I don't have knee surgery and hunt more than 4 months of the year I'll hit my 1lb goal.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 561
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 524
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 530
I'm seldom into silver , but that silver/gold combo ring is beautiful ! Nice hunt...

Honker Silver there!! You might be able to sell that big guy for more then melt..

:dingding: Glad to see that you managed something worthwhile out there! Although I haven't been out with the same frequency that I had last year during this period, conditions have not been as conducive.

Great finds there! That silver ring is a honker!
If you have a 1 pound goal all i can say is if you see good conditions get back out there. Places open up and can close in a matter of hours and stay sanded in for years after. When I started hitting the water HARD it was fantastic and I, as a newbie, thought it would always be that good :lol::lol::lol:
Haven't seen conditions like that in about 6 years now...

Nice job! The silver ring isn't much of a looker, but it's a healthy chunk of silver.

Thanks Jode!

Congratulations , those are some nice finds .

Thanks man!

Nice catches. Any chance of season total photo ?

I'm planning on posting an end of year photo of all the finds here in the next few weeks. Hoping to get a few more golds before then :)

Ring does look custom, pretty cool, quite a hunt there, congrats!

Thanks GroundSweeper!

I'm seldom into silver , but that silver/gold combo ring is beautiful ! Nice hunt...

Thanks KOB... it's funny really, I never dig high signals anymore because I could really care less for silver, not like we have old silver coins down here in south florida. Just happened to dig this signal because it was the first of the day... sorta reminds me of a David Yurman silver ring with onyx that I found a couple years back, that one was 20+ grams, sold for $300 too.

Honker Silver there!! You might be able to sell that big guy for more then melt..

Thanks OBN, yeah, maybe 20-$30 or so on ebay.

:dingding: Glad to see that you managed something worthwhile out there! Although I haven't been out with the same frequency that I had last year during this period, conditions have not been as conducive.

It has been tough... waters getting cold too, froze my @#@ off last week, this time I was smart enough to wear a wetsuit.

Great finds there! That silver ring is a honker!
If you have a 1 pound goal all i can say is if you see good conditions get back out there. Places open up and can close in a matter of hours and stay sanded in for years after. When I started hitting the water HARD it was fantastic and I, as a newbie, thought it would always be that good :lol::lol::lol:
Haven't seen conditions like that in about 6 years now...

I think the only way I'd get close to hitting the 1lb goal next year is finding 4-5 gold chains minimum. Rings add a good amount of weight but it's the chains that add up quick. I'm well aware of how fast things can shut down :lol: had a dry spell of around 9 hunts recently til I hit gold. The average for this year has been more around the 2-3 hunt range though, overall, it has been a good year. I have buddies that will hunt for months at a time without finding gold because they always stick to the same beach... that's one thing I've learned the past few years, when things start to die down, mix it up and drive some place else. As of now I hunt around 12 different beaches, and I know each one like the back of my hand as far as where the gold collects and how currents/waves effect each location etc.. one beach could be sanded in while the next opens up.

Sounds like you have a good plan of attack. I often bump from one location to another looking for conditions. If i hunt out to shoulder deep and give it a half dozen back and forths to shore and back and don't find any hint of goodies i move along. Sometimes it might only be another few hundred yards down or it might be getting in the car and trying somewhere else.
I found bracelets add up WAY quicker than necklaces btw. There are lots of thin necklaces that weigh next to nothing but lots of bracelets that come in 20 plus grams...
The pound of gold goal for one year is a tough one to crack and it can become an obsession...

Love it when they're posed on the scale. That's the metal detector paying for itself :cool3:

Nice finds Josh. Your right about conditions. I have never dug so many pull tabs as I have recently. They are everywhere and you have to dig them. Good luck on your next hunt[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom