TotLot Hunt yeilds Silver Ring and GUNFIRE!!!

cigarmike

So yesterday after work I got to this playground on the not so good side of town. Never been there before so thinking this might be a good hunting area. I pull up and there are about 20 people on the basketball court and a group of young black males sitting under a picnic area. I grap my gear and head to the tot lot. I turn on the metal detector and my first hit is this small silver ring. Wow great way to start! So I continue detecting and I notice this young group of black males start walking my way so my aleart senses go up and I'm watching them out of the corner of my eye. They stop about 30 feet from me and talk for a few minutes than continue to walk past me and stop about 50 yards away. I get out my phone and call the wife just to let her know where I am and about how long I will be when I see this one young male pull a GUN out of waistband and points it up in the air than POP..POP..POP..POP...POP!!!! :shock: My wife screams on the phone "WHAT WAS THAT!!!"" I tell her what happens and she is telling me to get out of there. I see the young males run and jump in their cars and take off than I look over at the basketball court and everyone is laying on the ground. So here this only white guy standing up looking around while everyone else is trying to get as low as possible to the ground. :lol: So I continue my hunt and find about $2.00 in clad. Needless to say I WON'T BE HUNTING THAT AREA AGAIN.
Here is the ring I found.
ring.jpg

Just like the "Wild-West" out there in some places...:no: ANYONE detecting in "Questionable" areas SHOULD have/carry some-sort of protection and try NOT to enter the "jungle" alone...Mace,pepper-spray,stunner and or a CCW permit...A Digger doesnt cut it! Brandishing a knife at a gun-fight is not a good Idea!;)...The life you save may be your own!?!..Sad but True!!!..:cool:

Not long after returning from Vietnam, I was sitting on my motorcycle in a local fast food drive-in. I was with several big Harley biker types on their bikes. All of the sudden some kid across from us pulls a rifle out of his trunk and starts firing at the drive-in's sign. I looked around and all of these big bad bikers were hugging the ground. After Vietnam, I knew the shots weren't anywhere close to me.

I'd have to be packin' my Glock to want to go to a place like that. :shock:

I liked this part......"So I continue my hunt and find about $2.00 in clad" That's dedication to the hobby. :lol:

Stuff like that is a major reason I left south Texas. I hear gunshots once in a great while around here, oftentimes it the Fish and Game folks culling the local deer herd. There is also a large ranch across the river from my house and sometimes the "cowboys" will be shooting prairie dogs or rattlers.....

Dusty

Not long after returning from Vietnam, I was sitting on my motorcycle in a local fast food drive-in. I was with several big Harley biker types on their bikes. All of the sudden some kid across from us pulls a rifle out of his trunk and starts firing at the drive-in's sign. I looked around and all of these big bad bikers were hugging the ground. After Vietnam, I knew the shots weren't anywhere close to me.

I guess he didn't like his happy meal!! haha!

If that happened here in Canada where I live the SWAT team would show up. I love the USA but its my opinion your forefathers gaffed on the 2nd amendment.

You're missing something

The 2nd amendment was drafted and designed to protect us from our government as much as anything else. Thugs will have them whether law abiding citizens do or not. It's no different up there, maybe just not showing them as much. In your case, only thugs and the law have weapons. Little one sided isn't it? Not talking politics here. Just sayn' You can trust your government, right?:roll:

Heya Mike! Insane story! It is funny that you continued your hunt to bank that $2 in clad. I would have done the same. :)

Stay safe and HH!

Geo

I would say you will be fine they all know your one crazy white guy now shots fired and you stand there like oh well and then go scrape up you 2 bucks too funny. I would say punk kids just trying to scare you out of their hood anyway do be careful if your thinking of making another trip Happy Hunting

I would say you will be fine they all know your one crazy white guy now shots fired and you stand there like oh well and then go scrape up you 2 bucks too funny. I would say punk kids just trying to scare you out of their hood anyway do be careful if your thinking of making another trip Happy Hunting

Always walk confidently, even when you're not!

I was scoping out a spot like the one you described just this morning. I thought better of it and drove to another, safer neighborhood. I'm taking a concealed weapons course and buying a Glock 26. Sometimes I just don't feel safe out in the woods or in a questionable part of town.

The 2nd amendment was drafted and designed to protect us from our government as much as anything else. Thugs will have them whether law abiding citizens do or not. It's no different up there, maybe just not showing them as much. In your case, only thugs and the law have weapons. Little one sided isn't it? Not talking politics here. Just sayn' You can trust your government, right?:roll:

Amen to that. A friend of mine lives in Canada and he says they have home invasion robberies, because no one is armed.

Crazy story. Maybe they were trying to make it look like you were the one firing the gun so others would turn on you. At least you stayed safe. Good job on the hunt. Bet finds are better after the first of the month. Wake up it's the first of the month.

Back
Top Bottom