Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Member links

Old 12-30-2008, 08:44 PM

Default Repairing Minelab Detectors

Hi,

I have a site that I am in the middle of rebuilding and I am going to put up information about the common faults in the Minelab P.I detectors and how to repair them yourself.

I also have some information on carrying out mods on your detectors to get beter sensitivity,depth and stability.

Woody.

http://detectormods.com

Old 12-31-2008, 08:44 AM
Elite Member

Hey woody,
Love the electronics bench! My first love - electronics design and repair. All my gear is stored away and hasn't been used in at least a decade, maybe even closer to two. Now I just work in boring corporate IT and telecomm circles... With a bench like that I wonder if you're in to Ham radio by chance?

Fisher F75 LTD2 w/ Sun Ray Invader FX-1 - Fisher CZ-5 w/ Sun Ray Invader FZ-1 - Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXII - White's Surfmaster

Old 01-01-2009, 02:33 AM

Hi Tom,

Funny that you should ask, VK3KCG but it let the license expire last year as i do not have the time to get on the air. Too busy modifying Metal Detectors.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Elite Member

I had that feeling woody - KA0ZSU here. I too let my license lapse, but just renewed it on-line. I'm not sure if it's the same for your Country, but we get a two year grace period after expiration for renewal. Here's the ARRL web page that provides details, and here's the FCC web page where it's actually done.

It's really simple to complete, and totally without charge. Just register, fill in the details, and hit send. You'll receive a e-mail confirmation immediately and in a few days you'll receive your hard copy in the postal mail.

Fisher F75 LTD2 w/ Sun Ray Invader FX-1 - Fisher CZ-5 w/ Sun Ray Invader FZ-1 - Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXII - White's Surfmaster

Old 01-02-2009, 10:01 AM

great info on the site woody!!! You should think about saving up some of that AU gold for a decent video camera.