Greetings from Southern Oregon

bilder

Good day all!

Getting back into the hunt after 15 or so years away. I used to have a Tesoro Cutlass II back in the day when I lived in Alaska and that little machine paid for itself many times over.

Well the kids needed to eat or some silly thing and I sold my favorite toy. Fast forward 15 years and I am now in Oregon where I grew up. Bought a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 for 30 bucks a few days ago thinking it would scratch the itch till I could figure out what machine I wanted to get.

Well, this little Bounty Hunter works pretty good. My house was built in 1914 and the yard has never seen a detector. Found three Wheaties in 40 minutes while learning the machine and have found more wheats, a Grand Mason pin from 1914, and a trade token worth around 35 bucks in just a couple days. Plus the mandated amount of pull tabs, nails, rivets, and bits of cans.

Needless to say I am hooked once more! There are lots of places around here that have seen little to no detector action so there should be some good hunting days ahead. I also ran into a couple other guys with detectors who formed a club a couple months ago, so at least we can get together and have some fun from time to time.

Keep on swinging!

Welcome back to the great sport of metal detecting from west Michigan, I myself got back into it in the middle of last year after ten years or so, and get out every chance I get. HH

Welcome from Corsicana, Texas! I know the feeling. I took a long break myself & got back into the hobby at the start of last year. I've been hooked ever since.

Back
Top Bottom