Please help with find

TandTmrh

I know this isn't a metal object, but some of you have some amazing knowledge when it comes to all sorts of artifacts outside of metal ones.

This was found in a small river in South/central Ohio. I believe there were Hopewell Indians in the area. It's definitely man made, but wondering if anyone has any knowledge about such an item they are willing to give. Thank you!
HLj8chu.jpg

6i7QfWu.jpg

dsa4oUU.jpg

I'm not an expert on native artifacts, but maybe something to add weight to a fishing net? I can't see the reason for that particular shape, though.

I know you will find it impossible to believe, but it is quite likely that "erosion" could have caused that perfectly circular hole:yes:
If a stone is sitting on the bottom of a creek and currents occur in a certain fashion, little bits of stone (sand) can bore holes through softer rocks.

Having said this, it could also be man-made.
No way to know for certain.:no:

The two most common uses for holed rocks that I know of in Native American culture was as previously mentioned, fishing weights, and the other being arrow shaft straighteners. You will need an expert to determine if indeed that's what it is.

Back
Top Bottom