Which coil for whites MX Pro?

Caintuk

I have a $1000 dollar budget to buy a Whites MX Pro. I have really sought this thing out, and decided it fits my needs to compliment my current detector, a whites IDX classic SL. That being said, after the purchase price of the MX Pro, it will leave me roughly $200 to buy an extra coil. The MX Pro comes with a 10 inch coil. I want to know, under the circumstances, would it be better to get the detech 7 inch coil, or go with the detech 13 inch coil? In the near future I hope to have both.

The 8x6 SEF would be a good choice. A friend with an MXT Pro who posts here is sold on the Ultimate 13 Detech on his. Better separation than the stock coil.

Get the 8x6 SEF...it will never come off your MXT Pro. I know...mine hasn't !

And I have lots of other coils to choose from.

I was just out in my test garden with the mxt pro, 6x8 and u13. The 6x8 will identify the 8 inch quarter but the 8 inch dime will come in like pull tab or trash. The u13 will give a coin signal on the 8 inch dime. The u13 will even give me a mid to high tone on the 10 inch quarter. Kinda sketchy on the ten quarter but anything that deep that gives you a intermittent high tone I would dig in a heartbeat. This in coin and jewelry mode.
I can switch to relic mode and it gives a much more consistent and better tone on each of the coins just a little lower numerical value on the u13 for some reason. I would no doubt dig all of these signals after investigating them and seeing how deep they are in all metal.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

When I purchased my M6 I was going to get the 6x8 for it but they had a special sale on the 4x6 for $99. I got it and it stays on my detector 90 percent of the time. Wasn't as much depth difference than with the 9.5, but the target separation is great. Really light and easy to maneuver through bushes. Unbeatable around playground equipment.

Back
Top Bottom