New guy from TX

Hello all,

I have been MD hunting extremely infrequently since childhood. I grew up in Columbia, SC and my dad had a White's detector in the 80's. We found civil war bullets and buttons in our front yard in West Columbia, SC the first day he brought the detector home. It was too easy, since we lived in the area that the union troops shelled the SC capitol from near Sunset Blvd.

Fast forward to 2005, I bought a Bounty Hunter 505 from walmart and used it a couple dozen times on mostly playgrounds in TX. I got a wild hair a few weeks ago and ordered an AT Pro and a pinpointer to use on my yearly vacation to SC. I have been learning the AT Pro here on vacation and so far my best finds have been two Robin Hood Clipper shotgun shell casings. Strangely enough, I found one about six inches deep near Lake Murray at Buffalo Creek and another pristine one in a drained pond 30 miles away.

I will be going back home to the Mckinney, TX area in a few weeks. The history is quite a bit less interesting there than it is here in SC.

If anyone is near Prosperity or Newberry, SC and needs a hunting buddy for the next couple of weeks, please PM me.

Cheers,

Chris
Howdy, if you are still active an interested in doing some hunting, I'm in McKinney as well and would love the company.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom