• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Anyone use their beach hunter at the park?

kai_gold

Just curious. I run an explorer, but wondered if anyone uses their beach hunter at schools, parks and how well does it perform.
James

Guess I could expand on my reason for asking. I am interested in doing some water hunting in some local lakes and am interested in the beach hunter. I was also curious how well it would manage at parks in case I felt like metal detecting on a rainy day. Would prefer not to take the explorer out in the rain.

I have used a BHID at a local park and found lots of coins and non-junk items. The discrimination is fairly basic with 3 tones and 3 LED light to guess at what you are about to dig(or not). In my opinion, what you are planning on using it for is the very reason to buy it....This machine sucks on my California beach in the water because of salt and black sand. Freshwater lakes it would be perfect!

I actually just got rid of my BHID to buy a PI Pro because I would rather be at the beach to hunt....

HH and good luck,

Z

I use the BHID in parks as well as the beach but I mostly hunt fresh water lakes. Like the previous post said, you can hunt just about anywhere with the BHID and you always know whether your about to dig iron, aluminum/gold or coins and silver. Each of those metals correspond to the LED lights.

Red light = iron
Yellow light = gold/aluminum
Green light = coins/silver

I've heard of, and the previous post confirms it, the BHID is pretty rough in black sand in the California area.

Collwhips :cool:

Thanks for the response. Unless I sell the explorer, I will have to wait a little while longer before buying a bhid. So the machine has a hard time with black sand in salt water, how does it handle black sand deposits in freshwater lakes?
James

I've taken my White's DF to the local park and found lots of nails that other detectorists somehow missed! Never let 'em tell you a park is hunted out! :roll:

I tried my PI in a park once. It was insane the amount of signals. way too deep. Better off with a VLF or maybe a whites TDI at least.
I might go back with the PI and do some gridded area`s though. It was very interesting how many more signals I found.
Nothing better then digging a foot for a pull tab.:lol:

I have a BHID and I really like it. It is a killer on small gold and is a very deep machine when super-tuned. Water proof to 25 feet. 12 inch coil is great. I have dug targets that were 20 inches and more deep with this machine and it pin points extremely well. I hunt the salt water and have not had any problems at all. I use it in all metal mode on the beach and watch the lights to decide if I want to dig or not, (I dig everything that does not light up as red). If I were to hunt in a park I use the discrimination feature. The detector has not failed me yet.

Back
Top Bottom