• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Bhid 300

Jspoon

Hello all first post here!
On my BHID 300 when the GB is not perfect as you pump it down the threshold doesn't change but it makes the "honk" sound, is that normal or should the threshold just get louder (if it's positive) without honking?
Thanks
John

I also have no idea but welcome to the forum. From South Florida

Don't know but, Welcome to the forum from Vancouver, WA.........Someone might chime in pretty soon witha little help for you.

I don't waste my time GB'ing the 300. I set the nobs until I can barely hear a hum and then head out. Like Bill said, I run it usually about half.

Depending where I hunt, usually fresh weater lakes, I'll put the machine in all metal, set it to where I can barely hear the hum and then switch it to Disc. If I hear too much hum in Disc, instead of messing with the nobs, I'll hit the switch over to "reset" and then back to "disc.".

When I hunt the beaches, I'll set it so I can hear a slight hum and hunt in all metal and dig everything. I do look at the LEDS when I get a siganl to see what it might be however, since I don't get to the beach very much, I'll dig everything.

When I hunt freshwater lakes, I only dig yellow and green signals as I hit red signals every other step.

Green = coins, silver
Yellow = pulltabs, lead, gold
red = iron such as nails, fish hooks, etc. etc.

Good luck.

Coolwhips :cool:

Hello all first post here!
On my BHID 300 when the GB is not perfect as you pump it down the threshold doesn't change but it makes the "honk" sound, is that normal or should the threshold just get louder (if it's positive) without honking?
Thanks
John

Thanks for all the replies, let me simplify the question, in AM mode while your listening to the threshold hum as you pump the coil instead of the hum changing mine makes the honk quack, question is does your hum change or does yours honk? I've had other detectors with manual GB and all that changed while GBing was the threshold without squaking. Is honking normal, or should the threshold just be changing pitch without the loud honk?
HH John:?:

Back
Top Bottom