Unexpected Silver coin today in Northern Ca.

JackalopeZL1

Elite Member
Got to get out today with a friend to hit a couple historic areas near me. Found 3 wheat cents(44, 45, 46) Japanese lighter that I need to research, Cool aluminum hippy piece ring, Skull pendant, about 150 screw caps and this

1928 20 cent French indo China coin, Key date(700,000 made) none the less but darn it if does not have a whole drilled through it, Guess I can't be to mad since I would have more than likely not found it if someone had not been carrying it around their neck.

I found it at about 8 to 9 inches with my CTX 3030, rang up at 12-49.. I figured it was either a aluminum can end or a half dollar the way it was coming in. It was showing the depth at 8 to 9 so I knew it was not a whole aluminum can or anything. Ended up measuring right at where it said it would be.

Learned a whole bunch about another part of the world because of metal detecting today. Never knew France occupied Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia

you bet.. To me that is the best part imagining who, how, and what not about my finds.. I can only imagine and that is a ton of fun!! Found another silver ring tonight after work.. will post a pic later

Congrats on your silver !! I often wonder about foreign coins like that. Bet it has some cool history. Nice recovery on that one.

Cool find! First one of those I've seen posted here. You just never know what will pop out of the soil next.

Back
Top Bottom