Numers and what do they mean? X-terra 705

rseasy1

Elite Member
Question for those with detector with the VDI numbers?
Sometimes I would work a signal that was like 35-40 then after pinpointing it
the signal would come in around a -6 during pinpointing not all signals just some.
I have a lot to learn on this detector but can't find no info on this.
Does this happen to others or is it me doing something wrong?
Also?
Will 10,14,18,24 K gold all come in at the same reading?
Using new X-terra 705 with stock coil.

No, gold will come in all over, even as low as foil. If you're hunting for gold jewelry, best to hunt with nothing discriminated out but at least nothing more than iron if you're discriminating anything out. As far as your target ID and then pp reading, that happens to me frequently. If I get a good repeatable reading, I dig it.

DA is spot on. While I didnt go with the 705, I have done alot of experimenting with my wife gold items. And I have had flat bands air test at 21-24 ( foil/small can slaw), the chunkier pieces (class ring ) have come in from nickel to low 50s ( pulltab/ crusty zinc and junk jewelry ) range. This was on my standard F75. Also found my first solid gold item, a small heart shaped 14k locket that rang up at the 33-35 pulltab numbers, numbers were consistent and no big jumps or broken sounds, Just thought it was a higher reading nickel... Nope :D

Yeah gold is a tricky sucker. But that first success has made me eager to go back around to all the wood/sand/gravel tot lots and dig everything with a pulse :lol:

Good luck with it.

Lakota

I have been using the 705 for 8 weeks now. I get the same readings as you have experienced. Not all the time but quite often. If i get a solid repeatable signal i dig. It took me awhile to get on to this machine. Once you learn and see what it can do you will be very happy. I found a Jefferson at 11 in. I found a little silver rose off a ring at 8 in. I am very impressed with my 705.Dig repeatable signals and dont worry about pinpoint numbers.

thanks all this info helps alot

Guess it is a sneeze in the electronics of the machine reading out negative numbers while pinpointing,I'm still learning and have a long way to go!
I didn't know gold would jump all over the place just like a trashy signal.
From now on I'll ignore the pinpoint numbers.
Guess I should have dug some of the signals I passed on as trash after pinpointing them, Live and learn.
Thanks to all.

Don't beat up on yourself for not digging those low pinpoint numbers, as most of the time they are junk. I know, I dug 'em. As I got use to the 705' I'm getting better at recognizing , mostly by concise sound which of those might be treasure.

Back
Top Bottom