Camera mount options

AIRFORCEMIKE

Forum Supporter
Trying to figure out what’s the best camera mount. I sent Calabasch a message and hope he responds ...seems like he has the right idea!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry to sound like I'm in the dark, but you have a channel?

I don’t but my new camera will allow me to live stream and post directly to SM. I used to record a bunch but never liked any of my options because no voice commands but the GP 7 Black is amazing compared to the others. The stabilization is fantastic

I don’t but my new camera will allow me to live stream and post directly to SM. I used to record a bunch but never liked any of my options because no voice commands but the GP 7 Black is amazing compared to the others. The stabilization is fantastic

Ok so now I'm really feeling old....whats SM?

A body/head mount or a detector mount?

I have a few different ones but this hat mount has been working great!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/360-Rotary...188793?hash=item33e2d8c3b9:g:6AQAAOSwwI1ajQMQ

Cheap, fully adjustable, secure, and quick/easy to mount.

I also bought this one and do not recommend it:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Camera-Cap...814321?hash=item4407a1b531:g:4fUAAOSwYS9ZaH0m

Broke it the first time I used it.

I think a head mount is my go to option. Headwear doesn’t change for me but layers do when it’s cold hot etc. I don’t want to have to continually make adjustments

I think a head mount is my go to option. Headwear doesn’t change for me but layers do when it’s cold hot etc. I don’t want to have to continually make adjustments

You’re on it Mike,I’ve used a Chesty and it didn’t work,POV was completely wrong. If you want the viewer to see what YOU see,a headmount(I just use the GP headband with integral mount) is the way to go. Also...I just got my Nechkitter GPHero5 Session cage and it’s a VERY nice cage,a whole lot more robust than the plastic cage mine came with,I don’t know which camera you’re looking at exactly.
Back to your original question! For POV realism,headmount.

You’re on it Mike,I’ve used a Chesty and it didn’t work,POV was completely wrong. If you want the viewer to see what YOU see,a headmount(I just use the GP headband with integral mount) is the way to go. Also...I just got my Nechkitter GPHero5 Session cage and it’s a VERY nice cage,a whole lot more robust than the plastic cage mine came with,I don’t know which camera you’re looking at exactly.

Back to your original question! For POV realism,headmount.

Bought a GP Black 7 from base exchange ...329...a steal. Thanks for confirming what I think I knew..lol. I appreciate it bud

Head mount it with the skull strap mount over your head and use your phone to get the angle right. This way you can wear your winter toboggan under it for your warmth. I also keep a spare battery in my pocket. The cap clip is good in concept but I had a hard time with balance on the bill while walking it kept wanting to shift but I have no hair to keep the cap from sliding forward from the camera weighting down the bill lol!

Head mount it with the skull strap mount over your head and use your phone to get the angle right. This way you can wear your winter toboggan under it for your warmth. I also keep a spare battery in my pocket. The cap clip is good in concept but I had a hard time with balance on the bill while walking it kept wanting to shift but I have no hair to keep the cap from sliding forward from the camera weighting down the bill lol!

Thanks buddy I appreciate the input. Bought both the clip and GP head mount so will try them both

Ok that made me laugh...probably applies to 99% of us in this room.

You’re welcome!:grin: I have no idea why I’m up right now. Wait,yeah I do. I wanted to go hunting but since it’s SNOWING right now I’m going to see where this winds up first. We have to get at least one more group hunt in so Trapper can get his WOCC prize! Oddly enough,I have no idea what it’s going to be yet...:lol:

You’re welcome!:grin: I have no idea why I’m up right now. Wait,yeah I do. I wanted to go hunting but since it’s SNOWING right now I’m going to see where this winds up first. We have to get at least one more group hunt in so Trapper can get his WOCC prize! Oddly enough,I have no idea what it’s going to be yet...:lol:

Hahaha I am just at work ...working [emoji23] well sorta. Man we need one more hunt. I’ll probably go Turkey day as I’m trying to hit 100...going to be tough. Glad to start my day with some good laughs bro!! Keep it real my friend

Back
Top Bottom