• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What AT numbers do you dig?

kelpike

Elite Member
I went to the park that I got my oldest find today which was a 1864 Indian Head penny. I was hoping there would be more older coins. I would normally dig most from the 50's on up. This park is so trashy that I just dug from 80 on up. I am curious what numbers you AT users usually dig? And maybe what you normally notch out?

45-54, 75+ if I'm coin shooting in a trashy area. 40+ if it's a sort of clean park or on the beach. Anything if I'm in the woods near cellar holes.

I mainly hunt for old coins so It totally depends on the age of the site & the type of site I'm hunting, but for the most part I dig pretty much all signals from the mid 60's & up & occasionally I'll dig a target with a VDI in the 50's if it sounds deep..
At my 1800's sites I dig pretty much anything that sounds decent no matter what the VDI says..

45-54, 75+ if i'm coin shooting in a trashy area. 40+ if it's a sort of clean park or on the beach. Anything if i'm in the woods near cellar holes.

yep he is dead on that what i dig in parks..i dig everything in totlots.

I was digging 24 up, but the MXT on the dry sand gets excited, and so now I dig everything. Overload was a nice little steele ring last week. I intensly dislike tinfoil and pulltabs, but if you want the silver and gold, you must dig the signals! HH

Any solid repeating number. 40 and up. Lots of bent pull tabs will give you a tighter number. Deep coin at the high 60's. My first indian head at 6 inches was a steady "77".

I was told by a very experience ATPro user that as the depth increases don't pay too much attention to the numbers. If it sounds good dig it.

In a real trashy park I dig low 70's and up. Low 70's can be Indians. Low 70's shallow can be Zincolns. So depth enters into it.

It depends, in a lark in massachusetts thats old ill dig low numbers if they are deep, yes i get nails but im diggin below the mulch and new ground so older stuff, for coins and jewelry is 40 up, but only if the same numbers coming up at 90 degrees, it moves around and i walk away, some rusted nails come in high but they show a few different numbers.

You get that sweet sound though and ignore the numbers and dig...if it gives the same sweet sound at 90 degrees, 70 and up and dig away

at gold

40 and up
some 38's if slow and repeatable at 90 degrees

Looking for the GOLD and doing a good job cleaning the parks.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom