AT Pro and AT Gold Air test

ozzie jack

Have put the results in the comment area of video, but in short if you own a AT Pro put the machine in pro mode, if you own AT Gold put it in All Metal Mode and buy a 11 inch DD coil for AT Gold if you want to find coins around 14 inches. Final thing, with AT Gold or Pro in Pro mode, get the best headphones you can, you need to listen for faint sounds this will give you the chance to hit a target deep.

u can guess

you could guess how i am feeling today.
been detecting 6 to 7 days a week for 2 to 9 hours a day past 12 months, last 6 months i owned AT Pro, I had the 5x8dd coil on at pro in standard mode, finding a heap of coins in first 4 or 5 inches.
went back over one spot yesterday dug up 15 coins using 11 inch on at gold, dug up 5 with at pro using 11 inch on standard mode.
All in a area 20 ft by 10 ft, old ticket stall area from old race course that i worked to death with 5x8 in the past.
So imagine how many i missed in all the spots i been too in past 6 months, should have got that AT Gold instead of AT Pro 6 months ago.
AT Pro will keep for beach/salt work, AT Gold will be the coin hunter for me.

very nice video, looks like the AT gold is a deep coin shooter

I did a simple air test today with the standard coil and the 5x8 on my pro using a quarter. I only got 8 inches with it on both coils. This is a brand new machine. is that normal?

quarter

I got a USA Quarter dollar here, could try it.
To get extra depth on the Pro it has to be in Pro mode, zero discrimination as well.
AT Pro i purchased 6 months ago, AT Gold about 2 weeks ago.

I got a USA Quarter dollar here, could try it.
To get extra depth on the Pro it has to be in Pro mode, zero discrimination as well.
AT Pro i purchased 6 months ago, AT Gold about 2 weeks ago.

Those were the settings I had. Plus full sensitivity

I did a simple air test today with the standard coil and the 5x8 on my pro using a quarter. I only got 8 inches with it on both coils. This is a brand new machine. is that normal?

With the at-pro 8 to 10 inches is about the norm for air tests & in a freshly dug test garden outside don't expect to pick much up deeper then 6-8 inches..
But actually out in the field hunting for old coins/relics in decent ground you can expect to find them as deep as 10 to 12 inches giving off a very faint signal while in pro mode, or at least thats been my experience over the past year using the at-pro.. Its a very deep seeking machine..

result

This is the results of the video, also yes in moist soil, sand, i got a extra 1 maybe 2 inches on a tiny silver coin other day. so soil will make a difference.
AT Gold in
all metal mode
5x8 coil, a 1 inch in size coin is picked up at 12 inches with ease, faint out to 13 to 14 inches, need good hearing, headphones etc at 14 inches to hear a faint sound change,
in disc 1
5x8 coil you hit a max of 8 inches and no sound after that on same coin
all metal mode
11 inch coil, 12 inch good signal, signal still easy to hear at 13 inch, getting a bit hit and miss around 14 to 15 inches, tried a few coins copper to 14, silver to 15 inch if large 12 to 13 if small in size
disc 1
11 inch coil, 9 inch good signal, gone by 10 inch unless a big coin then you get 11 inch faint.

AT Pro in
zero disc, standard mode
11inch coil, a 1 inch in size coin is picked up at 10 inches loud, a bit hit and miss at 11 inches
zero disc, pro mode
11inch coil, a good sound at 9 inch, faint sound at 11, so a bit hit and miss at 12

thanks

Nice comparison:

I run my AT GOLD as my primary machine.
I have often wondered if I should have gotten the pro for coin shooting.
makes me feel better now.
:grin:

Back
Top Bottom